Software Engineer (Colorado Springs, CO)
Position Type: Full Time
Salary Range: In compliance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the salary range for this role is $74,614 - $117,132. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
Location: Colorado Springs, Colorado. This is not a remote position.
Additional Compensation: This position is eligible for an end-of-year bonus.
Employment Benefits: Bluestaq offers a wide range of competitive benefits including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Paid Leave, and 401k. For more information regarding Bluestaq benefits, please visit https://www.bluestaq.com/bennies .
Bluestaq starts with our people.
Are you ready for the best job you've ever had?
At Bluestaq, we've rapidly built a culture around ownership, trust, community, and innovation. Bluestaq is dedicated to cultivating a growth environment where our team feels valued, works with a purpose of mission, is personally rewarded, and is professionally challenged.
Bluestaq is an emerging technology company founded in 2018 to streamline global operations using cutting-edge enterprise software and mission analytics. Bluestaq develops and transforms its enterprise systems and secures disparate data to solve our customers' most critical challenges. Today, Bluestaq primarily provides the U.S. Department of Defense and the nation's intelligence community with advanced software systems. Our name, Bluestaq, originates from "blue" a military term for friendly forces, and "staq" referring to a software stack.
Let's talk about our team's accolades in just four years! Inc. Magazine just recognized Bluestaq as ranking #630 out of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in America! We've also been recognized as an Inc. Magazine's 2022 and 2021 Best Workplaces and are a 2021 Colorado Inno on Fire Company and a 2020 Colorado Company to Watch. Bluestaq was honored by the Colorado Technology Association as the 2019 Emerging Tech Company of the Year and named Colorado Springs Chamber of Commerce and EDC 2019 New Company of the Year. For the third consecutive year, Bluestaq landed on the Colorado Springs Gazette Best Workplaces in Colorado Springs (2019 - 2021) and Built In's Best Places to Work Lists: Best Places to Work in Colorado, Best Small Companies to Work for in Colorado, and Best Paying Companies in Colorado (2020 - 2022). Our team is award-winning and ahhhmazing!
Looking for a phenomenal quality of life? Colorado Springs was named the #2 Best Places to Live by U.S. News & World Report 2022, #2 Top 10 Cities Where Tech Strength Defies the Pandemic by LinkedIn, and one of the Top 10 Best-Performing Cities 2022 by the Milken Institute.
Why join Bluestaq in Colorado Springs?
- Lifestyle Amenities - coffee shops, craft breweries, boutiques, locally-owned restaurants
- Nature - more than 100 parks and ample outdoor sporting opportunities
- Weather - Colorado Springs boasts over 300 days of sunshine a year
- Laidback atmosphere - an accessible alternative to the fast-paced Denver lifestyle
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our rapidly growing engineering team. As a Software Engineer at Bluestaq, you are just launching your software development career. The ideal candidate is a motivated, hands-on software engineer with a reasonable understanding of core engineering concepts and who is focused on expanding that understanding and growing as an engineer. A Bluestaq Software Engineer has a basic knowledge of software development tools and processes and a broad introduction to engineering best practices and productivity skills.
Basic Qualifications and Skills:
- 1+ years of software development experience with a Bachelor of Science degree OR Associate degree with 2 additional years of experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree OR a High School Diploma with 4 additional years of experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- Experience in Java or Python programming languages.
- Hands-on experience working with big data technologies.
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of software development foundations.
- Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities within a team-centric environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Developing professional and technical expertise. Able to resolve routine issues and problems.
- Ability to communicate scope and state of work, including articulating roadblocks.
- Builds small features and contributes bug fixes in a reasonable time frame.
- Proactive and thoughtful in seeking clarification and asking questions.
- Finds the right balance between persevering on a problem and asking for help.
- Takes responsibility for their personal development, and has a growth mindset.
- Displays a strong sense of ownership for projects.
Required Education: 1+ years of software development experience with a Bachelor of Science degree OR Associate degree with 2 additional years of experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree OR a High School Diploma with 4 additional years of experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
Clearance Requirement: This position requires the ability to obtain a TS/SCI Clearance. To be eligible for a clearance, US Citizenship is required, and an employee must agree to participate in a background screen and credit check.
Relocation: This position does not offer relocation. Candidates must live in the immediate area or relocate at their own expense.
Bluestaq is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by state or local law.
Bluestaq will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities and employees whose work requirements interfere with a religious belief unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Bluestaq or a direct threat. Employees needing such accommodation are instructed to contact Human Resources immediately at [email protected].