Senior Voice Engineer
DISH is transforming the future of connectivity. We're doing it by building the country's first virtualized, standalone 5G wireless network from scratch. The foundation of a connected world, it's a network free of the limitations of the past, and flexible enough to satisfy all the social, economic and transformative needs of the changing world.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
DISH Wireless is seeking a Voice Traffic Engineer with deep understanding of VoIP and Switched PSTN Voice Call Flows, and a full range of features and functions including long distance/toll calling, short code, international, toll-free, peering, etc. This person will identify and recommend network architecture, requirements and specifications for mobile voice traffic. This person will have a comprehensive working knowledge of voice and signaling protocols including SIP and SS7, industry standards and associated requirements.
DISH intends to work with 3 rd parties to provide voice services, hence this Transport Voice Interconnect Engineer will be responsible for performing detailed evaluations of service providers' capabilities and performance.
This role is a key, strategic part of our business and presents an opportunity to implement and optimize the latest networking solutions.
In this role, you will:
- Work with the DISH Transport Team to develop requirements and specifications to deliver reliable voice services to DISH customers over the new DISH 5G network
- Evaluate future traffic loads and determine interconnection changes, including establishing voice peering arrangements
- Establish success metrics to evaluate and manage 3 rd party service providers including SLA and KPIs
- Implement Best Practices for VoIP and data traffic engineering, LCR and dimensioning circuits
- Assess system architectures including reliability and redundancy requirements
- Support transport/ traffic engineering portions of network projects such as VoIP traffic, data sessions, E911, and IP-based technologies
- Visualization of CDRs using observability tools, creating data enrichment tables for CDRs
- Actively contribute to improvements and participate in innovation, lessons learned, and knowledge sharing activities
- Ensure that work meets all applicable engineering, financial, planning, and operational standards
Skills, Experience and Requirements
As a successful Voice Traffic Engineer, you will have:
- BS in a technical field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- 5+ years Telecommunications Network experience
- Must have a strong understanding of data and VoIP network architecture, infrastructure components, Ethernet, fiber optic transport and data traffic engineering
- Detailed understanding of signaling requirements to include SS7, DSC, SIP, SBC and others
- Experience designing and implementing connections for the PSAP facilities and E911 calling
- Analyzing new network requirements, deployments, augmentations, bandwidth upgrades and software upgrades
- Ability to write detailed technical specifications, define KPIs and manage in a complex environment
- Ability to manage multiple commitments simultaneously
- Excellent communication and follow-up skills
- Proven ability to work independently and escalate issues appropriately
- Ability to deliver in a fast-paced, high volume environment supporting aggressive targets
- Ability to evaluate and manage all aspects of potential service provider relationships
Compensation: $87,500.00/Year - $125,000.00/Year
Compensation and Benefits
We also offer versatile health perks, including flexible spending accounts, HSA, a 401(k) Plan with company match, ESPP, career opportunities, and a flexible time away plan; all benefits can be viewed here: DISH Benefits .
The base pay range shown is a guideline. Individual total
compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, and competencies; compensation is based on the role's location and is subject to change based on work location. Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test and DMV check.
This will be posted for a minimum of 3 days or until the position is filled.