T he Position
Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 90 of the world's leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect-improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are B Corp certified, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
We are seeking a Payroll Administrator to join our team and help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and the planet.
What you get to do:
- Process Canadian & U.S. payrolls for 500+ employees using UKG
- Complete regular audits of payroll data to verify accuracy, and identify and correct discrepancies
- Compile and prepare routine, compliance, and ad hoc reports
- Be the subject matter expert to troubleshoot problems/errors as they arise and respond to employee's payroll-related questions
- Establish, implement, and maintain a plan to ensure that payroll procedures and outcomes adhere to relevant laws, regulations, guidelines, and specifications
- Coordinate the requests for payment of unemployment tax, garnishments, benefit deductions, etc.
- Administer Uplight's leaves of absence process
- Coordinate routine invoicing of benefit carriers
- Respond to verification of employment & unemployment requests
- Help troubleshoot timesheets
- Be a general resources; respond to the internal People Team help email and work on assigned People Team projects
What you will contribute:
The Payroll Administrator is an essential member of the People Operations team, responsible for the timely and accurate processing of payroll for Uplight's 500+ employees. Working to provide a positive experience for all Uplight employees in the execution of payroll and other People Operations tasks.
What you bring to Uplight:
- 5+ years of payroll experience
- Experience running payroll with UKG (this one is a must!)
- Multi-state and Canadian payroll experience
- Extensive knowledge of payroll procedures and related laws
- Self-motivated and willing to learn new skills, processes and software applications
- Possess high attention to detail; demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; ensures quality of work
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- CPP certification
Don't meet every single requirement? Studies have shown that women, marginalized genders and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they meet every single qualification. At Uplight we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you're excited about this role but your past experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
- Proud to be over 500+ purpose-driven individuals helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities.
- Focused on providing cross-functional work, collaboration, and development.
- Committed to taking our work and mission seriously and....we love to laugh!
We also provide:
- 401k Match
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Peer to peer recognition program
- Management by objectives bonus plan
- Innovative flexible time off policy
- Exceptionally collaborative and cool office spaces
Salary Range: $69,000 to $88,000 USD
Application Deadline: January 26, 2024
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate annual base compensation range is listed above. The actual offer, reflecting the total compensation package and benefits, will be determined by a number of factors including the applicant's experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity among our team.
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race (including hair texture and hairstyles), color, religion (including head coverings), age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.