Staff Financial Auditor
DISH, an EchoStar Company, has been reimagining the future of connectivity for more than 40 years. Our business reach spans satellite television service, live-streaming and on-demand programming smart home installation services, mobile plans and products, and now we are building America's First Smart Network™.
Today, our brands include EchoStar, Hughes, DISH TV, Sling TV, Boost Infinite, Boost Mobile, DISH Wireless, OnTech and GenMobile.
Our investment in the future needs those with an eye on the bottom line, and our Financial organization plays a vital role in supporting our game-changing ideas with creative solutions to complex problems. Team members have the unique opportunity to explore diverse business lines, gaining hands-on experience in various facets of finance, including accounting, audit and supply chain management.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
DISH's Internal Audit Department is looking for an energetic, dynamic, team-oriented Financial Auditor to assist with the execution of financial, operational, and fraud investigations, or other audits and special projects. Using a risk-based integrated audit approach, the incumbent will assist with defining the scope of audits based on an analysis of business risks and employ techniques such as process, statistical, and forensic analysis, internal control assessment, financial modeling, and utilization of various audit techniques to evaluate company processes and identify opportunities for improvement. To help business units optimize their efficacy and overall performance, our auditors must employ a systematic, disciplined approach when assessing the effectiveness of risk management processes and internal controls. Providing value to our internal clients is paramount, therefore establishing a rapport with the management and staff of business units and building relationships with various corporate departments throughout the enterprise is a critical function for this role. We are only seeking candidates who can confidently interact with all levels of staff and Leadership within the company, and continuously contribute to Audit Management's strategy in developing, sustaining, and enhancing the image and perceived value of the Audit Department.
- Survey the function or activities to be audited and prepare detailed audit programs for use in performing the audit, including both tests of controls and substantive testing
- Support the department by developing strategies to improve internal controls and minimize risk, while keeping Audit Management informed of the status of audits in progress, communicating obstacles or significant audit findings as they arise
- Constructively work with business operations to identify areas for improvement, while collectively agreeing on appropriate corrective actions, facilitating remediation efforts, and monitoring progress to ensure that business units and corporate departments are timely in addressing control weaknesses and process inefficiencies
- Assist with all activities related to Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 certification including risk assessment, scoping, control documentation and updates, testing of operating effectiveness, education, and reporting
- Conduct complex and sensitive investigations, evaluations, and audits related to cases of internal and external fraud
- Understanding of technology-related risks and ability to assess company IT general controls (system access and security, logical access, SDLC/change management, etc.) a plus
This role will be onsite in Englewood, CO
Skills, Experience and Requirements
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university, preferably in a Finance/Accounting, IT, or business-related concentration; CIA, CPA, or CFE professional certifications or candidates for certification preferred; advanced degree a plus
- 4-6 years experience in corporate audit, business process consulting, information technology, and/or public accounting with a demonstrated history of accomplishments; excellent leadership, teamwork, and client service skills
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proficient interviewing techniques; the ability to coordinate the gathering, reporting, and dissemination of information to leadership and key stakeholders; data analysis skills (including ACL, SQL, Advanced Excel, Access, or other data-mining tools)
- Knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley, particularly Section 404, as well as COSO Integrated Framework for Internal Control
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; strong analytical abilities; capability to maintain composure under pressure; detail-oriented and organized; employs a proactive approach to problem-solving and the overall execution of job responsibilities
- Ability to travel approximately 5%-10% is required
Compensation: $63,150.00/Year - $90,000.00/Year
We also offer versatile health perks, including flexible spending accounts, HSA, a 401(k) Plan with company match, ESPP, career opportunities, and a flexible time away plan; all benefits can be viewed here: DISH Benefits .
The base pay range shown is a guideline. Individual total compensation will vary based on factors such as qualifications, skill level, and competencies; compensation is based on the role's location and is subject to change based on work location. Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test and DMV check.
This will be posted for a minimum of 3 days or until the position is filled.