USG Technical Product Manager
The DigitalGlobe Platform Technical Product Manager (TPM) is responsible for designing, communicating and coordinating the delivery of technology capabilities into their assigned DigitalGlobe line-of-business.
The Technical PM will ensure that UPS platform capability roadmaps for UI/UX, API and content sourcing and integration strategies are driven into the product management teams and maintained with the respective capability owners and support teams. This coordination is expected to ensure that platform resources are being focused to the capabilities that deliver maximum impact to the business
Technical PMs are instrumental to the business’s velocity goals. Technical PMs will be expected to coordinate requirements with their peers assigned to the other lines of business in order to drive technology re-use and alignment.
Where required and appropriate, Technical PMs will be encouraged to develop solution demonstrations to help qualify market requirements and the applicability of candidate technologies. Technology demonstrations should effectively communicate to core engineering and capability managers to ensure they are properly informed of the intent and objectives.
- Drive Technology roadmap in support of the USG Line of Business and its targeted products - SecureWatch, Rapid Access and other assigned focus areas
- Decompose business requirements and tie them to milestones in concert with business stakeholders (Product Managers) and Capability Managers (Technical Product Managers)
- Deploy and communicate demonstration solutions that can be presented to product teams and customers to drive requirement validation and accelerate market introduction.
- Bundle proposed solutions into coarse-sized work packages and coordinate with software development teams on a delivery plans and scope
- Work towards the consolidation of interfaces and applications across UPS that balance USG customer needs with a unified user experience and design across UPS products
- Participate in technical solution integration working sessions to understand system design goals and constraints
- Meet with users and customer representatives to refine concept of operations and derive new requirements for user touchpoints
- Distill user and customer feedback into user personas and narratives to drive a user centric design process
- Work with UPS engineering and design leads to drive product cohesion and usability in concert with feature completion and contractual obligations
- Collaborate with Capability Technical PMs and Domain Architects to refine the high level design into detailed design
- Ensure that internal, customer-facing areas of the business are aware of system potential and realities
Demonstrated ability to deliver technical geospatial solutions in a high tempo environment
Familiarity and appreciation for user centric product design
Computer science and engineering experience
Citizen of The United States or Permanent Resident
Ability to communicate and operate in a high performing business and technical team
Ability to communicate mid and long term technology plans and requirements for formal and informal communication protocols
Ability to coordinate with Tech PM peers and shape solutions that will drive value created for assigned segment into adjacent business segments (USG, Energy, Civil Government, Technology, Automotive)
DigitalGlobe and Radiant solutions offer a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.