Technical Product Manager, Smart Predictive at Alteryx, Inc.
Alteryx, Inc. is looking for a Technical Product Manager to help drive the tactical execution efforts for Alteryx Smart/Predictive. The Smart/Predictive team is focused on building tools and experiences to enable analysts to build and interpret predictive models to better understand their data. This role, as part of the Product Management organization, will focus on translating the business value of product initiatives into functional features and will work day-to-day with the Smart/Predictive development teams to deliver business value, as well as guiding others on how development initiatives fit into the holistic product vision.
- Work with one or more development teams to organize and manage large scope projects from initial design concept through life cycle of products; participate in team ceremonies including stand-ups, story refinements and team retrospectives, to align the team towards a successful delivery cycle.
- Collaborate with Product Managers to understand Smart/Predictive goals; help prioritize initiatives supporting those goals and communicate their business value.
- Work with development team leaders to drive the planning process; facilitate the kick off process to break initiatives into feature and user story-level requirements; ensure development efforts meet business requirements and timelines; decision-maker for user-facing functionality.
- Responsible for maintaining a prioritized feature backlog and communicating priorities to the Development Team.
- Responsible for feature and user story acceptance, where features or stories have customer-facing value.
- Manage successful delivery of features defined in the product roadmap with respective teams throughout the development life cycle; keep management and others informed.
- Help to identify, manage and communicate initiative and feature risks and dependencies across multiple teams.
- Primary point of contact for inward-facing stakeholders (i.e. development, QA, UX, technical writing and all supporting teams) regarding the value of initiatives and relationship to product vision.
- Focus on delivering quality features; collaborate with QA by approving test plans; respond to feedback via the Alteryx Beta Program.
- 3+ years of Product Management or equivalent experience in the enterprise software industry.
- Demonstrated success defining and launching exciting software products.
- Domain expertise in data science, predictive modeling, machine learning and statistics is a big plus.
- Detail oriented with critical thinking skills - ability to break down initiative-level requirements into feature and story attribute level details.
- Project management skills; ability to manages multiple projects simultaneously; strategic thinking with ability to build strong working relationships across organizational teams in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Effective documentation skills with ability to articulate technical information and influence cross-functional teams.
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision for associates
- Health plans that cover your family and pets
- Company matched 401(k)
- Associate stock purchase plan
- Paid time off: 3 weeks’ vacation, 5 sick days, 9 holidays, 3 floating holidays, and 20 hours volunteer time
- 100% paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness programs with up to $300 fitness reimbursement annually
- Collaborative offices stocked with healthy snacks and drinks
- Office events, catered lunches, and happy hours