Technical Product Manager, Licensing at Alteryx, Inc.
Alteryx, Inc. is looking for a Technical Product Manager to help drive the execution efforts for our Licensing, Installer, and Proxy initiatives. As part of centralized team that builds the products that power Alteryx’s commercial offerings, this role will let you grow your network across the company while also letting you build close relationships with a core team of engineers. You will use your honed understanding of tech stacks and architecture to break down product goals into manageable features, stories, and sequences. You will work day-to-day with a product manager and several development teams, becoming an expert in the product and systems that our customers first interact with.
- Work with development teams to organize and manage large scope projects from initial design concept phase through life cycle of products.
- Understand and help to communicate the business value of product initiatives; collaborate with Product Managers to kick off initiatives with development teams and facilitate the process to break those initiatives into feature and user story-level requirements.
- Collaborate with development team leaders to drive the planning process.
- Ensure development efforts will meet the business requirements and timelines of the project, with a focus on quality and timely delivery of scheduled features; decision-maker for user-facing functionality.
- Participate in development team ceremonies including stand ups, story refinements and team retrospectives, to align the team towards a successful delivery cycle.
- Responsible for feature and user story acceptance on one or more development teams, where features or stories have customer-facing value.
- Primary point of contact for inward-facing stakeholders (i.e. development, QA, UX, technical writing and all supporting teams) regarding the value of development initiatives and relationship to product vision.
- Collaborates with Product Managers to understand Administrative Experience goals and help prioritize initiatives supporting those goals
- Identify, manage and communicate initiative and feature risks and dependencies across multiple teams
- Collaborate with Product Managers to review and respond to feedback via the Alteryx Beta Program
- Collaborate with QA and Customer Support teams to prioritize resolution of customer issues related to Administrative functionality
- Approves QA test plans for customer-facing requirements
- Monitors and manages successful delivery of features defined in the product roadmap with respective teams throughout the development life cycle; works to identify risks and remove impediments; discovers opportunities for improvement and keeps senior management and others informed
- 3+ years of experience as a Technical Product/Program Management
- Familiarity with building products in the enterprise software industry
- Detail oriented with critical thinking skills - ability to break down initiative-level requirements into feature and story attribute level details
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Project management skills; problem solving skills; strategic thinking and business acumen with ability to build strong working relationships across organizational teams in a fast paced and changing environment
- Effective documentation skills with ability to articulate technical information
- Excellent teamwork skills, ability to manage, interpret and influence cross functional teams
- Preferred: Domain expertise in Flexera technology, network security, proxy environments, and installer technology
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision for associates
- Health plans that cover your family and pets
- Company matched 401(k)
- Associate stock purchase plan
- Paid time off: 3 weeks’ vacation, 5 sick days, 9 holidays, 3 floating holidays, and 20 hours volunteer time
- 100% paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness programs with up to $300 fitness reimbursement annually
- Collaborative offices stocked with healthy snacks and drinks
- Office events, catered lunches, and happy hours