Technical Product Manager, Analytics Platform
Alteryx, Inc. is looking for a Technical Product Manager to lead tactical execution on activities to launch and then accelerate growth of our new generation enterprise server product (Alteryx Enterprise Platform). Technical Product Manager will server as the liaison between Product Managers and Development, synthesizing industry knowledge, technical feasibility and market fitness into clear, actionable User Stories that Development and Product Management can use to realize strategic vision. This requires having a near term focus on and deep understanding of desktop & server applications for data analysts with a strategic eye on moving desktop applications and platforms to the cloud.
The Technical Product Manager for the Alteryx Enterprise Platform will be a 'playmaker' working closely with Alteryx Product Management, User Experience (UX), Quality Assurance (QA), and Development (Dev) while being aware of industry trends informed by research from Alteryx Marketing, Competitive Intelligence, self guided research and Sales to deliver on a compelling vision for Alteryx Enterprise Platform.
- Execute on strategic initiatives in support of a roadmap that maintains leadership position in space while at the same time working to increase value and market share of Alteryx Enterprise.
- Synthesize understanding of roadmap with development feedback to ensure continued delivery of product value within technological constraints.
- Evangelize Alteryx Enterprise throughout the organization with a focus on the relationship between the Alteryx Product and Development Organizations.
- Listen to the signals to help inform metrics for tracking Alteryx Enterprise use cases, product usage, product adoption, solutions and integrations.
- Work with QA to understand common (and uncommon) support issues and use that to inform roadmap or enhanced documentation with blog content or technical documentation.
- Work closely with Engineering team leads in determining the technical feasibility and timelines for releasing new features or enhancing existing features to delight current and future target user personas.
- Work with Dev and QA to define scaling and architecture best practices.
- Collaborate cross functionally to contribute to successful delivery of quarterly Alteryx Enterprise releases, beta through launch.
- Attend Agile ceremonies as appropriate
- Agency to accept User Stories or to course correct as appropriate while still meeting the spirit of Initiative & Feature requests.
- Agile Methodology, Writing User stories, Collaborate to draft Features & Initiatives
- 3+ years proven software/application Technical Product Management/Product Ownership prefer focused on data and analytics space
- Bachelor Degree in technical field (science, computer science, data & databases, etc.) preferred or equivalent
- Strong project management, interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, and verbal/written communication skills with the ability to build strong working relationships across organizational teams in a fast paced and changing environment
- Effective written communication skills with ability to absorb and articulate technical information to a non-technical audience
- Problem solving skills; strategic thinking and business acumen
- Excellent teamwork skills, ability to manage, interpret and influence cross functional teams
- Experience with databases or data-related products a plus
- Experience working with Alteryx a strong plus