Technical Data Product Manager
- Work with our customers to understand their targets, challenges, and goals.
- Craft data products that will help address customer needs - whether that is adding new data into the data warehouse, enhancing dashboards and visualizations, or improving tooling for data science.
- Ensure compliance and accuracy across all data and reports.
- Create the roadmap for defining and building out core data reporting.
- Work with our Data and Platform Services teams to identify complex business questions and formulate a plan to break down these problems into solvable pieces.
- See around corners of unknown data needs and get them coordinated into the roadmap.
- Help define user experience and build reports and dashboards.
- Proactively communicate status, risks, and changes to scope to the rest of the organization.
- 2+ years of experience building out the infrastructure, analytics, and/or data science products as a software engineer.
- 3+ years as a Product Manager, from prioritizing opportunities to gathering and writing requirements.
- Experience collaborating with data scientists and engineers, and forming the connective tissue between the data team and the rest of the company.
- Experience working with data platforms (data warehouse, analytics, reporting, visualizations).
- Validated experience in the understanding of balancing internal stakeholder and end- customer goals and turning them into successful products.
- Ability to articulate the value of a data platform in a commercial way.
- Loves to get into the detail and solving problems but can also step back and communicate the bigger picture.
- Independent and collaborative. Able to work across cross-functional teams and manage projects to completion.
- Ability to set and manage customer expectations and to negotiate appropriate resolutions to issues.