Sr CMF Product Developer (PopLabs)
Senior Product Developer - PopLabs
PopSockets LLC, based in Boulder, Colorado, designs, manufactures and sells innovative lifestyle products. Our flagship product, the PopSockets grip—a collapsible grip and stand that provides secure one-handed holding for any mobile device—was invented by philosophy professor David Barnett, with the first grip sold on PopSockets.com in 2014 and the 100 millionth sold in 2018. PopSockets products embody the company's mission to create empowering, personal, and fun products.
PopSockets was named one of the Best Places to Work in Colorado in 2018 and also listed as Inc. 5000's second fastest growing company in the US, with a 71,424% percent of sales increase over the last three years.
For more information on what it’s like to work at PopSockets, check out: https://www.builtincolorado.com/company/popsockets-llc
A Senior Product Developer at PopSockets is responsible for leading the development and technical specification of innovative, fashionable, and technologically advanced materials and products. You will work with a small group of creative designers and engineers to bring the company’s next generation of products to market.
- Manages the development process of company product lines as assigned, ensuring the product quality/integrity of all products falling under their responsibilities.
- Plans and tracks the development schedule of all products following the predetermined product development calendar.
- Writes internal and externally-oriented technical specifications for products.
- Researches, sources, and maintains library of materials and mechanisms from domestic and overseas suppliers.
- Coordinates with domestic and overseas manufacturers to source materials, identify ideal construction techniques, and refine manufacturing processes to create technically superior products that meet design expectations and margin targets.
- Works with Operations, Sales, and Marketing to maintain all records, documents, contracts, and samples associated with the product and related programs.
- Interacts with Creative Director, VP of Engineering, Director of Engineering, Quality Assurance Engineers, Operational Engineers, manufacturers, and parts vendors to solve difficult problems necessary to fulfill product specification.
- 5+ years in Product Development, Apparel Development, or Technical Project Management for products, or similar experience, preferably in the fashion, housewares, toy, or mobile accessories industries.
- Degree in Engineering, Design/Art/Architecture, Business, and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to independently manage multiple products of moderate to high complexity.
- Demonstrates a strong knowledge of construction and manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Demonstrates a strong knowledge of product category, product materials, materials vendors, and product development lifecycle.
- Able to develop aesthetic sensibilities that align with department and company goals.
- Able to proactively troubleshoot and propose solutions to problems of moderate complexity.
- Possesses a strong determination to execute products as envisioned.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Participates in ideation, goal setting, and planning.
- Comfortable with standard software e.g. Excel, Keynote or equivalent, Google Docs/Drive.
- Proficiency in Adobe CC is a plus.
- Proficiency in 2D and 3D CAD and rendering software is a plus.
- Industrial Design, CMF Design, or Mechanical Engineering experience is a plus.
- Ability to travel overseas.