Senior Product Manager at Stream
We are looking for a skilled Head of Product (title commensurate with experience - Senior/Director/VP/Chief) to guide our product direction. Between our Feed and Chat products, Stream provides services for more than half a billion end users.
What you will be doing
As the Head of Product at Stream, we would want you to:
Strategy and Vision
- Build a top notch team of product managers/owners.
- Set and effectively communicate the strategic vision for the products, their features, and their direction.
- Contribute to the overall vision for the company, including advising on company goals, business plan, priorities, and strategic outcomes
- Make complex decisions, influence effectively and authentically, communicate with excellence and empathy
- Ideate and define new products to add into the mix.
- Develop budgets, forecasts and other product metrics.
- Define pricing models and structure.
- Understand our overall market, analyze data, identify trends and use data to drive your decisions.
- Keep a close eye on our competitors, their capabilities, strengths and weaknesses and develop competitive positioning for sales and marketing.
- Remain knowledgeable about adjacent companies in our space
- Keep an eye out for partnerships that can elevate our capabilities and brand recognition
- Pulse of the Customer
- Remain in contact with key customers, understanding their current needs and anticipating their future ones.
- Balance feature requests against customer size and need, including bugs
- Attend conferences (virtual for now), hold discussions with through leaders and market analysts.
- Create and run a customer advisory board.
- Become the key evangelist for our products.
5+ years of product leadership experience in SaaS running product, preferably with API driven products
- Stellar leadership skills, with a desire to help and mentor others both on your team and in other departments. Must be able to effectively lead a global team and ensure everyone meets their commitments.
- Proven ability to research, define, and execute product roadmaps at an enterprise level
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Great customer service skills
- The ability to work with sales, marketing, finance and all other departments to ensure product success
- The ability to prioritize among many competing alternatives and plans, balance customer needs with business priorities, and articulate the rationale behind decisions
- Polished verbal and written communication skills
- 4-Year degree preferred
- Boulder, Amsterdam or remote
- Experience in a similar role is highly preferred, but if you think you’re the right fit for us, we want to hear from you! Avoid the confidence gap; you do not have to match all the listed requirements exactly to apply.
What we have to offer you
Stream employees enjoy some of the best benefits in the industry:
- A competitive salary
- Company equity
- Weekly team lunches (Boulder)
- Plenty of snacks and fancy coffee/teas (Boulder)
- Fitness stipend (Boulder)
- Pearl Street, Boulder office
- The possibility to visit our office in Amsterdam