Senior Product Manager - Gold Data at Ibotta
Ibotta is looking for a Sr. Product Manager to turn our most valuable data assets into data products. This data ecosystem, which includes resources from engineering, product, and analytics, needs to be in sync to deliver high-quality, on-time data products and services across the business.
The ideal candidate will know the life cycle and development of data products, understand the requirements of the data consumers, have the skills to effectively communicate cross functionally, and possess a curiosity about the business. You will have the challenging and rewarding opportunity to use your product owner skills to take our current ecosystem to the next level.
What you’ll be doing:
- Embrace and uphold Ibotta’s Core Values: Integrity, Boldness, Ownership, Teamwork, Transparency & Advocate for Savers
- Orchestrate priorities & alignment throughout our gold data and its ecosystem
- Understand the business requirements and goals of stakeholders; be the liaison and decision maker between various technology team’s within the ecosystem
- Research data consumer issues and goals to assist with driving solutions
- Design a vision and evolving data ecosystem roadmap tied to this vision
- Outline clear priorities to solve the right problems at the right time; align priorities based on short and long term objectives
- Focus on cross functional collaboration through communication and relationship building
- Oversee the various stages of the ecosystem to ensure internal data products are treated as tier 1 deliverables and follow data management principles
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of hands-on product management experience collaborating closely with cross-functional stakeholders
- BA/BS in business or technology preferred, MBA is a plus
- Self starter who is always looking for ways to improve and challenge the status quo
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Curiosity and the commitment to continually ask questions
- Ability to dive deep into technical concepts with successful past delivery of technical products, particularly those related to enterprise data assets
- Experience with larger data management principles; data governance, data security, and data compliance with various industry standards
- Clear understanding of data pipelines and processes, hands-on experience using SQL and/or Python a plus
- Ability to leverage data to drive business decisions
- Knowledge and use of modern data visualization tools a plus (Looker, Mode, Tableau, etc.)
Built in Denver, CO, Ibotta ("I bought a...") is a free mobile shopping app that gives users cash back on groceries and more. Through our partnerships with brands and retailers like Procter & Gamble, Kraft Heinz, Kellogg, Amazon, Walmart, Target and Uber, we’ve delivered over $800 million in cumulative cash rewards to our Savers. Guided by our values and our mission to make every purchase rewarding, we come to work energized by the business problems we get to solve, the technology we get to build, and the people we get to innovate (and have fun) with. Ibotta made Inc.’s 2020 list of the 5000 fastest-growing private companies in the U.S. for the third consecutive year. In 2019, we became the first mobile consumer technology company in Colorado to achieve $1B in valuation.
To learn more about what our Tech teams are doing day to day, visit Building Ibotta on Medium.com
- This position is located in Denver, CO and includes competitive pay, flexible time off, benefits package (including medical, dental, vision), Lifestyle Spending Account, 401k match, profit sharing and equity.
- Base compensation range: $110,000 - $140,000. Total compensation for this role also includes a variable component in addition to base salary.
- Ibotta is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Ibotta’s employment decisions are made without regard with race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis.
- For the security of our employees and the business, all employees are responsible for the secure handling of data in accordance with our security policies, identifying and reporting phishing attempts, as well as reporting security incidents to the proper channels.