Senior IT Product Owner
At DISH, our Retail Wireless Integration teams challenge the status quo and reimagine capabilities across industries. From e-commerce platform to other BSS and OSS systems, to big data and beyond, our team play vital roles in connecting consumers with the products and platforms of tomorrow. We are looking for highly motivated and driven product owners to lead our development integration teams in delivering world class software for our 5G Network.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
High-level job responsibilities:
This role will collaborate cross-functionally with the PMO, the architecture team, Business Analysts, and other software application SMEs and teams at Dish to deliver API integration across BSS, OSS and 3rd party vendors. The ideal candidate is experienced in implementing modern cloud-based platforms and tools, has an entrepreneurial mindset, strong communication skills, and excellent critical thinking skills. In this role:
- Responsible for ensuring that the product's vision is aligned with business goals.
- Responsible for gaining buy-in from stakeholders on all major decisions and strategy regarding product functionality and process.
- Responsible for iteration planning and subsequently working with the development team to identify and breakdown the tasks required for the iterations while providing clear instructions and deliverables.
- Ability to manage, organize, communicate and track sprint and project releases.
- Responsible for projects' success: on time, on budget, meeting team members' expectation, and meeting projects' goals.
- Consider the organization impact of decisions made regarding service interface and data modeling
- Provide on-the-job training in service for the product owners of other teams .
Day-to-day job responsibilities
- Coordinating with the Scrum Master to facilitate and/or participate in the necessary Scrum ceremonies, possibly including Sprint Planning, Daily Scrums, Sprint Review, Sprint Demo, and Sprint Retrospective
- Act as the liaison between engineering teams and product stakeholders
- Evangelize your product vision and roadmap across to gather feedback and drive better cross-company transparency and alignment
- Decomposing product and service features into workable user stories
- Continually prioritizing and grooming product backlogs for cross-functional, full-stack integration teams. Liaison between requests for new functionality and development team.
- Coordinating cross-team delivery, managing dependencies, and defining best practices
- Sharing and evangelizing the work completed, product backlog, and Scrum team metrics.
Skills, Experience and Requirements
Technical in API development and integration. Strong interpersonal and communication skills and working knowledge of enterprise solution architecture principles. Self-starter and ability to figure out a complicated environment.
- 4+ years of enterprise product ownership experience
- 4+ years of enterprise experience in determining and documenting requirements
- 4+ years of enterprise software/API integration experience
- Technical knowledge of data models and data management
- Good knowledge of OpenAPI specifications
- Ability of performing troubleshooting assistance
- Must have experience working with offshore teams
- Wireless retail experience a big plus
- AWS or other Cloud experience a plus
- Apigee experience a plus
- Java, SpringBoot, Node.js development experience a plus
Compensation: $91,800.00/Year - $124,200.00/Year
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website .
Candidates need to successfully complete a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.