Senior Director, Product Management – Product Management Lead for the Commercial Business
The Senior Director, Product Management –Product Management Leader for Commercial and Civil Governments responsible for driving profitable growth through the management and marketing of DigitalGlobe Commercial and Civil Government products including Core Imagery, Subscription Access, Information Products and Analytics. The Sr. Director will lead the Product Management team for the Commercial business and will develop, determine and implement the product strategy for the commercial business. Setting the strategy will require close collaborations with the leadership team, key stakeholders, and other cross functional teams. The position requires an in-depth understanding of market requirements from buyers and users of satellite and aerial imagery and the information products and analytics that are derived from the imagery. The position involves close interaction with the key customers, product management sales, regional marketing, product strategy, development, and operations. A background in geospatial markets, enterprise platform markets, and geospatial/enterprise business models is strongly desired. Job duties include gathering market requirements, developing and executing product business plans, working within a Scaled Agile Framework, reviewing and shaping key customer opportunities, pricing and commercializing the products and driving opportunities to achieve DigitalGlobe’s goals. The candidate must be flexible and able to work both in teams, and independently. They must be an organized, self-starter comfortable engaging business and technology decision makers within DigitalGlobe, within partner organizations, and with potential customers. They must possess strong analytical capabilities and excellent communication skills in order to communicate vision, strategy and tactics across multiple stakeholders. As the internal and external evangelist for the product offerings the position requires big-picture vision coupled with the technical background, organizational skills and the internal drive to make the product vision a reality.
- Be a visionary – set the product strategy for imagery, subscription access, analytics and information products that meet the needs of current and potential commercial customers around the globe
- Be an evangelist for DigitalGlobe with our customers and potential customers
- Work with product management/marketing and sales leadership to perform market research and assessment of target market(s) for products
- Develop product roadmaps aligned with the corporate strategy, capabilities, and partner roadmaps
- Successfully launch new products and product enhancements
- Work with Sales and Finance to accurately forecast and monitor the success of products across our portfolio
- Develop product requirements that can be used in the Scaled Agile Framework with DigitalGlobe Engineering and Operation teams in the creation of new product capabilities
- Work with product marketing, sales, and strategy to identify areas for growth and create market positioning that drives adoption of products and differentiating features
- Support Sales in the development of positioning, presentations, and customer visits
- Work with pricing to price the product portfolio and ensure ongoing competitive positioning in the market
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business, engineering, or related geospatial discipline required.
- 15+ year’s work experience required with at least 5+ in a senior leadership role with responsibility for leading functional areas within product management.
- Excellent cross-functional skills across customers, sales, marketing, operations, and engineering
- Self-starter, with demonstrated success working in a deadline driven environment with minimal supervision.
- Ability to be flexible and work independently and in teams.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally up to 30%.
- US Citizenship.
- MBA and/or advanced degree, preferably in a business, engineering, or geospatial discipline.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to negotiate and influence stakeholders across DigitalGlobe on matters of significance.
- High level of personal integrity, as well as the ability to professionally handle confidential matters, and show an appropriate level of judgment and maturity in high-pressure, high-stress situations.
- Exhibit excellent analytical skills, the ability to manage multiple projects under strict timelines, as well as the ability to work well in a demanding, dynamic environment and meet overall objectives.
- Coding background building subscription data products and services and/or technical background with structured and unstructured data and building APIs and leading technical teams
- Innovative thinking and leadership.
- Ability to present well to large audiences of customers, partners and colleagues around the globe.
- Ability to lead and motivate cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams to achieve tactical and strategic goals.
DigitalGlobe and Radiant solutions offer a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.