Revenue Management Business Partner
We at Evolve are making vacation rental easy for everyone. We have been diligently working on creating an industry leading pricing algorithm built to adjust nightly rates based on live market behavior. This tool will scale with our business as we grow to be one of the largest in the industry while ensuring maximum profitability for each of our individual owners. This product is ahead of most in the VR space, but we see this as only the beginning. We are now ready to pass off the baton to a candidate such as you armed with the principles of revenue management, killer math skills and a proven track record of collaboration to begin further optimizing the algorithm to ensure it remains best in class! This is your opportunity to be a part of the spotlight as you pioneer automated intellectual pricing in the Vacation Rental Management industry.
- Be the functional pricing algorithm expert while at a high level also able to understand and speak to the technical mechanics driving its functions
- In collaboration with the data science and engineering teams, this role will be responsible for all optimization efforts pertaining to the pricing algorithm and its outputs
- Develop, launch, and scale new features and pricing initiatives
- Perform quality assurance tests to surface problems, then triage the issue and communicate both temporary and permanent resolution to pertinent departments
- Communicate strategic priorities from the product roadmap to the revenue management department
- As development nears completion, define and implement plans required to deploy new features to both the Revenue Management department as well as other pertinent departments
- Have a broad understanding of customer personas, buying patterns and regional market trends in the vacation rental space
- Ensure all optimization efforts of the algorithm are inline with the business needs of the revenue management department and it’s users
- Work closely with the Revenue Analyst team to better understand market performance and how the adjustments to the algorithm will continue to push the performance needs across all markets
- 5+ years of revenue management experience, pricing experience or product management in an e-commerce environment
- BS/BA or advanced degree with significant coursework or experience in a quantitative discipline (economics, mathematics, engineering, finance, etc.)
- Demonstrated analytical skills using data analysis tools (SQL/Python, a plus), including the ability to assemble information, extract pertinent facts, draw logical conclusions, and present recommendations
- Experience in optimization problem-solving, economic game theory, and consumer buying behavior
- Strong personal interest in learning, researching, and creating new technologies with high customer impact
- Strong communication skills with a demonstrated ability to translate detailed analysis to a recommended solution
- Ability to work well within a team environment
- Experience designing simulation and optimization models for price optimization and yield management models
- Operations Research
- Experience designing/implementing machine learning algorithms tailored to particular business needs and tested on large datasets
- Experience managing design, build, test, and release processes end-to-end
A Little About Us
Evolve makes vacation rental easy for everyone. Our fresh approach to vacation rental management offers homeowners a better way to generate rental income and provides travelers with the industry’s best booking experience.
Thanks to a strong work ethic and an unapologetic passion for hospitality, we now support over 10,000 properties in over 500 markets across North America. We enjoy earning each guest and owner's business - all while having some fun along the way.
Values mean more to Evolve than just bullets on a page. They drive our daily decisions and impact how we work as a hospitality company. Which value sounds the most like you?
- Earn It
- Build Loyalty One Interaction at a Time
- Communicate Often, Honestly & Directly
- Embrace Change
- Stay Hungry & Humble
- Be Efficient
- Take Risks
- Learn Every Day
- Have Some Fun Along the Way
Evolve is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that a diverse work environment is a successful work environment so all qualified candidates will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.