Product Owner at Xero
Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:27 a.m. (MST) on Wednesday, July 8, 2020
Xero is a beautiful, easy-to-use platform that helps small businesses and their accounting and bookkeeping advisors grow and thrive.
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you’ll make an impact:
As a Product Owner you will be working with a talented development team and responsible for executing on our product vision and roadmap by creating and delivering innovative solutions that solve real world customer problems.
What you’ll do:
● You’ll work with customers, product managers, designers, development teams and other stakeholders to form a deep understanding of customer problems and potential solutions.
● You’ll use your prioritization skills to make the right call on what needs to be addressed when and how value can be delivered as early as possible.
● You’ll use your great research, analysis and decision-making skills to capture a wide range of enhancements and bug fixes and convert them into an achievable roadmap
● You’ll lead a team of peers during the course of development to define milestones and ensure on-time and in-scope delivery
● You’ll ensure development teams are clear about why features are prioritized and that they are motivated to build beautiful products for Xero’s customers.
● You’ll be a champion for the customer by collaborating with the design team to develop user stories, wireframes, and workflows that solve real problems for our customers.
● You’ll work closely with the Product Manager to ensure alignment with the global Xero roadmap.
● You’ll engage regularly with other teams from the wider business, such as support, marketing, training and sales, who help bring your solution to market.
Success Looks like:
● New features, enhancements and fixes are rolled to production regularly.
● A balance of attention is given to maintenance and technical debt as to new features, ensuring that as few bugs/issues as possible emerge.
● Features and improvements are in line with Xero’s overall strategy
● Features and improvements meet customer needs and are decomposed into appropriately sized backlog items
● Dependencies on other teams are identified and managed
● Stakeholders are updated appropriately on progress, scope and releases
● The pod is clear on their goals and there is enough work defined for them to be fully utilised
● Development team
● Other product development teams
● Content team
● Design team
● Marketing team
● Security team
● Platform Services team
What you’ll bring with you:
● Ability to break down complex problems
● Handle changing priorities
● Love for building quality software that delights customers
● Build effective relationships across the business
● Authenticity, diplomacy and drive
● Ownership and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
● Roadmap visualization
● Previous experience in software delivery (2+ years)
● Communication, relationship building and stakeholder management
● A solid track record of addressing customer needs through the use of technology
● Experience working with a Scrum team to define user stories and acceptance criteria
● Experience with accounting a bonus
Diversity of people brings diversity of thought, and we like that. A collaborative and inclusive environment is important to us. Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge and support you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, innovation, and well-being are not just inspired but celebrated. We value our people and offer a wide range of compelling benefits and perks, including Xero shares.
Xero’s collaborative culture is underscored by our values - #Ownership, #Challenge, #Beautiful, #Human and #Team - which empower us to understand and serve customers, attract top talent and continuously innovate. From the moment you step through our doors, you’ll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.