Please review the job details below.
Due to our continued growth and success we are currently seeking an experienced PO as an individual contributor for our RAster Products Innovation and Delivery (RAPID) directorate. The successful candidate will be knowledgeable of Systems Engineering (SE) and SE artifacts, and is expected to leverage their GIS experience to quickly learn all aspects of our imagery production systems. This includes discovery and ordering, image processing, data management, quality control, web hosting, and distribution. Within our Agile hierarchy of Initiatives, Capabilities, Features, and User Stories, RAPID PO’s are responsible for taking ownership of their scrum team’s backlog, the priority for each of its user stories, and a rapidly developing understanding of the domain in which the scrum team works. A PO often takes ownership of a number of Features that are destined to be addressed by their own scrum team.
- Fully support the Agile Software Development Life Cycle process used to facilitate system baseline changes, taking ownership of deliverables expected from customer organizations.
- Ensure quality by managing service-level requirements, providing traceability to design documentation, test cases, and operational training material.
- Work directly with other product owners, system engineers, program managers, developers, testers, and customers to define technical user stories to effect an optimal system design implementation.
- Understand and often create Functional Flows, with the ability to frame all requirements inside those flows.
- Work directly with an offsite 3rd party GIS software development scrum team, as well as with the other RAPID Train scrum teams.
- Maintain as-built design artifacts for system services to ensure engineering models and documentation remain current.
- Endeavor to continually learn about our evolving complex system - working toward becoming a Subject Matter Expert and/or RAPID Train Cheif Product Owner.
- Make contributions to the forward-looking vision of the RAPID architecture roadmap.
- Work with multidisciplinary teams, take ownership of deliverables, and drive assigned tasks to completion.
- Lead design sessions with internal clients - from end users to the back office, with an emphasis on the Ground Station’s geospatial production segment.
- Manage client expectations to ensure realistic timetables and deliverables, and then exceed those expectations.
- Pursue and resolve project challenges, and product-related issues independently.
- Willing to take on other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace, Computer Science, Geographic Information Systems, System Engineering, or similar study.
- Minimum five years of related engineering or operations experience with increasing responsibilities.
- Must be proficient with GIS fundamentals, concepts, and related COTS frameworks such as SOCET/GXP, ENVI, PCI, Esri/ArcGIS, etc.
- Must have some AWS or other cloud-based operations experience.
- Medium to extensive systems engineering and operations experience.
- Working knowledge of Agile development principles and best practices.
- Currently hold or able to obtain US Government clearance.
- Previous experience in a complex product industry.
- Experience in implementing software security standards.
- Experience working with SysML and Model-Based Systems Engineering frameworks.
- System performance measuring and tuning experience.
- Working knowledge of multiple development methodologies (Waterfall, Spiral, Scrum/Agile).
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) or Certified Scrum Professional (CSP).
- Service Oriented Architecture experience.
- Software development, test, and/or integration experience.
DigitalGlobe and Radiant solutions offer a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.