Product Owner - BaaS
Small business makes the world go around – it's the heart of the global economy. At Xero we want millions of small businesses to thrive through beautiful software, advice and connections. We aim to make being a small business more efficient and profitable, and more enjoyable too.
How you'll make an impact
Xero's operational team is transforming the way it works to become more Agile and efficient. You will lead a key team as they move from project to product-focused team. You will work closely with Xero's Product teams to understand their requirements and prioritize a backlog. You will have a strong understanding of the requirements of the business and be able to successfully build the team's capability to design, plan, improve, and operate mission critical network services.
What you'll do
- Own the delivery of the roadmap, product planning, and requirements for new features and improvements in relation to Xero's backup and recovery infrastructure.
- Coach a team of indirect reports to facilitate and improve project delivery
- Have a clear understanding of the features on the team's roadmap. This includes listening to and interacting with product specialists, product architects, site reliability engineers, leadership teams, product managers, and product teams.
- Build a good understanding of the global regulatory landscape, including requirements in backup and recovery around SOC2, ISO27001 & GDPR.
- Work collaboratively with the product teams to help them use the team services to solve real-world problems
- Work closely with the Product Architects for each product to ensure alignment with their roadmaps
- Be able to prioritize feature requests, enhancements and bug fixes into an achievable roadmap
- Foster a culture of collective ownership and accountability for the work completed within the team
- Maintain a high level of communication to all interested parties on progress, scope, roadblocks to delivering features and enhancements
- Work closely with your team to define milestones and ensure on-time and in-scope delivery
- Lead the team to take operational responsibility for their services and to establish processes and monitoring which drives incremental improvement
- Provide leadership within Xero on Backup & Restore competencies
- Represent Xero to external-facing forums, blogs and events. Maintain relationships with key vendors and their roadmaps
What you'll bring with you
- Minimum 2+ years experience working in a product focused software company
- Subject matter expertise in Backup and Recovery fundamentals
- Experience managing a team, maintaining a backlog, and creating and managing a delivery roadmap
- Experience running teams to support critical, high-scale infrastructure
Now that we've caught your attention, it's time to catch ours. Please apply if you:
Love doing #beautiful work – contribute to a beautiful experience for our customers.
Show your passion for the #human side of software development through cultivating a deep understanding of the needs and aspirations small business owners.
Seek the #challenge of complex technical problems, crazy-smart collaborators and a fast-paced work environment.
#Champion creative development by bringing a unique point of view while inspiring impeccable work from others.
Take #ownership by driving meaningful change and delivering results with passion and purpose.
Xero is an Equal Opportunity Employer.