Product Marketing Manager at Webroot, an OpenText company
We are seeking a proven Product Marketing Manager to join our newly created SMBC (small/medium business & consumer) business unit at OpenText. Within this newly created unit, the Product Marketing team is seeking a Product Marketing Manager to help us expand our product presence within the SMBC market. For this core position, we want a burgeoning product marketing superstar to become a product expert to define the direction and positioning of our data protection and recovery solutions. In this role, you will conduct market and competitive analysis, provide market and competitive insights back to the team, and work on go-to-market strategy in collaboration with your peers. Your background and ability to clearly articulate business value and differentiation are highly desired in this role.As a Product Marketing Manager, you will be an integral part of a cross-functional team. You’ll bring your ability to analyze and recommend high potential opportunities, participate in product discovery to identify and validate product requirements, define the messaging for our portfolio and individual services, and collaborate on developing go-to-market strategy. You are passionate about marketing technology products and services, highly collaborative, and able to juggle multiple priorities while delivering materials on time and on point. You will work with various internal teams (Marketing, PR, AR, Product Management, Sales and others) to identify target audiences, create positioning and segment-specific message/content, and determine the best methods to communicate in a compelling manner to the intended audiences. Serving as a translator who can convert technical specifications to customer benefits and value, communicating effectively when explaining our technology is critical.
Specific Objectives & Responsibilities:
Your First Six Months:
- Integrate and build relationships in cross-functional teams
- Gain knowledge with the product, market, and competitive landscape for your products
- Develop and implement core messaging as needed for internal and external use, and drive use across go-to-market assets such as pitch decks, collateral, and training material
- All of the above, plus;
- Become recognized as a subject matter expert for your products
- Collaborate closely with your Product Marketing, Product Management, Marketing, Sales, and other peers to influence the go-to-market strategy
- Work with our analyst relations team to participate in analyst briefings and inquiries
- Leverage your unique expertise and skill-sets to complement the rest of the product marketing team
Working across multiple teams and geographies, you will play a key role to grow your products success in the market. Your collaborative nature, strategic thinking, and ability to execute on your deliverables will positively impact the success of your line-of-business. You’ll need to work cross-functionally, have great communication skills, and be willing to fill in any gaps as needed.
What will make you successful at Carbonite:
- A track record of good judgment and decision-making
- Able to work autonomously to drive projects to completion
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in cross-functional team environments
- Developing and being able to articulate/defend an informed opinion on important topics
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelors degree in a business or technical discipline required; MBA strongly preferred
- 3+ years’ of product marketing experience with progressively increasing responsibilities
- Must have experience in analyzing market conditions and developing go-to-market plans
- Excellent writing skills and a strong ability to translate technical advantages into customer benefits
- Experience in technology products, preferably in security and/or back-up or storage solutions
- Must be able to think strategically but execute at a tactical level to get the job done
- Must possess a passion for customers, and unflinching desire to exceed their expectations
- Strong organizational, presentation, writing skills, and ability to interact across functions at all levels of an organization
- Must be a self-starter with proven ability to take initiative as well as balance competing priorities
- Must have excellent follow-through and be able to balance the requirements of multiple stakeholders within an organization
- Must be highly agile and enjoy working in an extremely fast-paced environment
- A sense of humor. We believe work should be rewarding, and we like to have fun!
Together Carbonite—a leader in data protection and Webroot—a leader in data security—form the SMB and Consumer Division of OpenText. The mission of our joint offering is to make cyber resilience simple, reliable and accessible in the connected world. We enable comprehensive data protection for companies, consumers, and our vast network of partners around the globe.
Our business requires top talent. We foster a thriving, dynamic environment rich with inventive minds and entrepreneurial spirit. From engineering to sales and marketing, operations and customer support, our employees are empowered and encouraged to build their careers at OpenText.
We pride ourselves on hiring standout candidates who shine in a workplace that encourages collaboration and teamwork. We are growing fast, and looking for talented candidates around the globe. Are you ready to grow with us? #Li-POST
Carbonite, Inc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer does not discriminate based upon race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. Upon request, accommodations will be made available during the recruitment process for applicants with a disability. If you require accommodations, we will work with you to provide or arrange for the provision of suitable accommodation wherever possible. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.