Greater Boulder Area
If you are a conventional ‘product person’ who enjoys working in long release cycles, needs guardrails, is scared to rock the boat, or challenge and push the limits of possibilities, this is probably not the place for you. We are seeking thinkers, disruptors, dreamers, evangelists, leaders and doers as our product managers. In return you have freedom to explore, to invent, and, most importantly, to move fast. You’ll work with an absolutely exceptional engineering team who are as customer-focused as you are. You’ll also be working to enhance a truly progressive platform, from the core stack to the user experience. Your ownership of deep problem spaces means you will be in command of your features’ execution, from inception to delivery working alongside an exceptional team of product management, marketing and go-to-market professionals. Your work will be seen and used by thousands of IT professionals every hour of every day, keeping their environments secure, and their employee’s connected to their resources.
Is this you? If so, read on.
In the last decade, radical transformations have occured in the world of IT applications and services, driven by the cloud. Servers are no longer setup on-premise or in co-located facilities - they are spun up in seconds in AWS. Applications are not acquired and implemented over weeks or months on-premise - they are subscribed to as advanced SaaS services. Those are just two examples of thousands. There is no turning back. The cloud has changed everything.
Of all the transformations we’ve seen, one critical piece in the IT stack has remained largely untouched in 25 years: The directory. It is the epicenter of an IT network providing the most critical service for an employee: authentication and authorization to their resources. The world has changed dramatically in those 25 years, with the rise of heterogeneous operating systems on users’ machines, the rise of remote offices and no-office businesses, wifi and VPN accessed networks, and far more. How can you build a solid and secure environment in this world, with that type of heterogeneity, quickly and with limited cost/time to maintain?
This is what JumpCloud has solved.
JumpCloud’s Directory-as-a Service (www.jumpcloud.com) has disrupted this mainstream way of thinking and has gone global helping companies large and small achieve this reality, providing an independant, cloud-based directory. We have made it possible for IT organizations to finally separate from the one element that has helped them stay grounded from the cloud: Active Directory. We have become the world’s alternative to Microsoft for this critical piece, and it is an incredible place to be at an incredible time in our industry.
This is where you come in, Product Manager.
As a Product Manager, you will:
- Set the strategy and roadmap for the products and features under your management to ensure our investments are on the highest value for our customers
- Own the ‘what’ and the ‘why’ of your ideas and inspire them to become new features of, or and ancillary products to, our Directory-as-a-Service
- Own the core positioning of the features or products under your management, mentoring and advising sales, marketing and executive management on the value the provide the customer, and the investment we will receive upon delivering
- Lead the scoping and creation of your feature or product, communicating and driving what your customers’ need through our agile process.
- Help plan and execute a balance of tactical work such as specifications, DoDs (definition of done), milestones and use case development for engineering to execute against
- Participate in day-to-day ownership of backlog management and prioritization of the features under your management
- Maintain diligence and perform analysis on the market JumpCloud serves to understand competitive offerings, their positionings, functionality and value propositions
You will work with:
- Customers to directly understand their pains and their vision of success, while ensuring they are educated and excited about your vision and the features you’re working on for them
- Your fellow Product Managers to collaborate on strategy and go-to-market execution on new features and updates
- UX and UI teams to ensure the simplest and most efficient experiences for our users
- Engineering teams consisting of Product Owners/Engineering Team Leads, Fullstack and UI engineers and more to effectively communicate the requirements for the major feature areas you will be owning
- QA to devise test plans and ensure the highest quality delivery of your features
- Marketing on the messaging, positioning, value and benefits of the features you are bringing to market
- Sales to help evangelize and sell your features and the overall Directory-as-a-Service solution
- Customer Success to train and collaborate with them and Engineering on customer issues, resolution and feedback
- Senior Leadership to align your product vision and strategy to company objectives
In order to be successful in this role, we would love for the candidate to have:
- 5+ years experience as a Product Owner or Product Manager
- BA/BS in computer science or related industry experience
- Direct experience with the product management of SaaS-delivered web applications and large-scale platforms.
- Repeatedly taken products and/or major releases from inception to market
- High degree of technical competency to effectively collaborate with engineering
- Prior PM experience in IT-focused solutions or technically focused B-2-B solutions
- Ideally have experience with IT-related technologies such as Windows, Mac, Linux, directory services, LDAP, RADIUS, SAML or similar complex products
- The ability to make trade-off decisions between possible and desirable, which requires a good sense of what is technically feasible.
- Proven experience working in agile development methodologies, making sure user stories and acceptance criteria are captured correctly.
- Passion for our product, for our customers, for our market and the possibilities of shaping the future for our customer’s benefit.
- The ability to generate ideas for how our products can make our customers more successful.
- Must enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment.
- Ability to travel occasionally.
As a JumpCloud Product Team member, you possess:
- Empathy and humility - for all with whom you communicate and interact every day - fellow employees, customers and partners.
- Passion for your work! It matters to each and every customer you want to solve problems for.
- Precision and highly-evolved organizational skills in management and synthesis of large sets of information - feature backlogs, user data, support ticket information, etc.
- Solid understanding of the product manager/owner process and proficiency with acting as ‘product manager’ in the Agile process
- Deep appreciation and capability in the role of user research
- Solid grasp of current—and not-so-current—states of design and user experience
- Respectable knowledge of dev tools and practices
- Persuasive, personable presentation skills
- Self-directed, organized work ethic
Where you’ll be working
Our corporate headquarters in downtown Boulder, right next to the Boulder Theater.
You’ll have a voice in the organization, with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and a proven market that our customers are excited about. We have a world-class product management team who are executing on an opportunity that occurs once in a decade.
JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique approaches on incepting and moving a product or feature through to its launch will be welcome.
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud and serving our great customer base. If you include a few things you’d like to see in our product that’s a bonus!
Read Full Job Description