Product Manager, Software at VORTO (Greater Denver Area, CO)
We are building software which enables businesses to be more economically and environmentally sustainable by digitally transforming the supply chain.
About the Role
Are you willing to give up a significant part of your personal life to commit to a startup company in downtown Denver, CO? Are you prepared to work with a strong software engineering team that is dedicated to disrupting the status quo? Are you looking for a challenge that will leave you feeling fulfilled? If yes, our Product Manager role is perfect for you!
As a Product Manager at Vorto you will be responsible for challenging the team to think bigger and move faster to solve big supply chain problems. You will be accountable to maintain a clear & valuable backlog of features and inspire the team to quick action to make an impact.
Although the markets we play in are very sizable and entrenched, we derive our advantage from speed of innovation and working smarter, harder, and faster than our competition.
We have achieved significant market share in initial markets at incredible speed. Vorto is motivated to supplement its team with leaders who can help it strengthen its market presence and accomplish incredible feats.
- Maintain a clear, vetted, valuable backlog
- Challenge the team to continuously accelerate delivery
- Rapidly innovate by conceptualizing, developing, and shipping high quality improvements, features, or products which make a significant impact to solve customer challenges and achieve strategic business objectives
- Operationalize newly developed improvements, features or products to gain adoption
Within the first 30 days you will:
- Gain the trust and respect of the engineering team.
- Develop a deep knowledge and understanding of the existing products, their technical architecture, and data
- Become a recognized expert on your target users and customers
- Develop enough operational context to train customers, onboard new users, and handle support requests as needed
- Understand our advantages, differentiation, business strategy, and our competitive landscape.
- BS/BA Computer Science, or plenty of hands-on experience building their own software
- 5+ years as a product manager, product owner or founder
- You have shipped products that have achieved market success
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with design tools for wireframing & rapid prototyping (e.g. Figma)
- Experience with SQL for basic data analysis and reporting
- Experience working with high-performance teams who exceeded team and business objectives
To be successful in this role, you must:
- Have a strong "sense of urgency", to accelerate our delivery cadence.
- Feel and drive deep responsibility to meet commitments and deliver results.
- Know when design or copy is good or bad (you strive for greatness, but never let the perfect be the enemy of the good).
- Be calm, cool, and collected when presented with adversity. You never panic.
- Have phenomenal product sense and can make correct product decisions under ambiguity inherent to quickly building and bringing innovative B2B products to market.
- Demonstrate leadership ability through your insight into our business, strategy, operations, and market to become a highly valuable resource to the engineers you work with.
At VORTO we are committed to developing our employees and providing them exciting opportunities to grow and prosper in their careers. We encourage you to visit our careers page and read this blog post to learn more about our culture.
We offer a competitive benefits package as well as numerous additional perks including:
- Competitive Salary
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance
- 401k with matching
- Company paid basic life, long and short-term disability insurance
- Company paid parking or transit pass
- Modern office space in downtown Denver with daily coffee, tea, drinks & snacks
- Team happy hours
- Relocation assistance may be available
VORTO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.Disclaimer: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned.