About the team:
VIZIO is seeking a Product Manager to join our growing team of software engineering professionals. The Product Manager, Mobile Software will focus on mobile initiatives and User Experience projects from concept to production, focusing on the mobile experience. VIZIO SmartCast Mobile allows customers to control their TV, configure settings and discover content from their smartphone.
- You have 2+ years of experience in product management with software development.
- You have 2+ years of experience in product management with software development for consumer-facing products.
- You have 2+ years of experience in product management with software development for mobile apps.
- You have demonstrated experience working as product owner in agile software development process such as Scrum.
- You have experience managing software projects for mobile apps including Android and iOS.
- You have experience collaborating on projects with multiple participants working remotely.
- You have experience with streaming video applications and knowledge of video formats and DRM.
- You are proficient in JIRA and online project management systems.
- You have experience with UX/UI design and understanding of best practices.
What You Will Do:
- You will define and develop requirements and backlog for software development in collaboration with internal groups including hardware product management, product marketing, engineering and sales.
- You will become mobile subject-matter expert for Product Management team, keeping up-to-date with industry trends and maintaining expertise in building mobile experiences.
- Guide engineering in the development of new mobile functionality as voice of the customer.
- Collaborate directly with engineering to communicate experience and product requirements.
- You will help build holistic vision of interaction, experience and design across products, driving product management for SmartCast Mobile.
- Develop prototypes and drive user testing of feature concepts.
- Collaborate with design team to develop both graphic assets and functional and design style guides.
- Construct user stories and requirements for features and functionality.
- You will monitor usage analytics to gather insights for improvements and enhancements.
- You will participate in agile software development lifecycle as product owner.
- Collaborate across product management team to develop long-term product roadmap and vision.