Product Manager, Marketplace Expansion
Guild is hiring for a Product Manager, Marketplace Expansion to drive Guild's product efforts focus on our marketplace of academic partners.
Guild’s product teams leverage technology to help connect and scale our education marketplace, enabling thousands of students to go to school affordably. Guild is on a journey to centralize how we onboard, share, and process data from our Academic and Employer partners.
In this role, you’ll craft a shared vision for how our marketplace needs to evolve to scale our business 100x in the coming years, and you’ll partner with our engineering teams to make that vision a reality. To do that, you’ll need to develop a deep understanding of our products, our data integrations with partners, and the business use cases they enable. You’ll use this knowledge to design products and internal tools that our teams can leverage across the company. In particular, we’re looking for someone who is comfortable discussing data models with engineers one minute and business use cases with the partnerships team the next.
As Product Manager, Marketplace Expansion you will:
- Think big-picture and long-term about how our academic network needs to evolve in the coming years.
- Develop a product roadmap to meet the needs of product, engineering, and operations teams -- both internal and external -- that leverage Guild information to connect the marketplace.
- Discover and articulate requirements, from APIs to interfaces.
- Act as the Product Owner for all academic facing products, including authoring, grooming and prioritizing user stories.
- Partner with technical projects managers, implementations leaders, sales leaders and account managers to understand the market needs.
- Provide end-customer and product perspective for internal developer tools that enable engineers to quickly and easily build on the platform.
- Document and clearly communicate decisions that have an immediate impact to internal and external development and operations teams.
- Distill complex technical issues to their essential elements and communicate those elements as necessary to non-technical audiences.
- Develop and execute plans to migrate current products from existing infrastructure to new technology, while anticipating any risks and client impacts.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Experience as a product manager and/or engineering lead developing and implementing B2B and/or marketplace supply products.
- Helped fast-growth businesses transition from v0 to v1 of a product suite.
- A desire to balance internal and external use cases for the platform.
- Demonstrated capability of developing and evangelizing a shared vision across the organization, with both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Excitement about engaging with enterprise leaders outside of the company, partnering closely with internal Guild account leadership
- Proven ability to manage complex business problems across internal and external stakeholders.
- A track record of working closely and effectively with engineering and partner teams.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion. Fast Company recently named Guild as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies and we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis, Bessemer, Redpoint, Salesforce and Workday (among other social impact and VC partners!).
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.