Product Manager - Customer APIs and Data Management
Join us in our downtown Denver office to establish Pie as the preeminent commercial insurance carrier among small business owners. You will collaboratively design, define, and manage the life cycle of robust but simple-to-use customer-facing APIs that are consistent and on-brand. To support these APIs, and myriad other business functions, you will also run the structuring, ingestion, and normalization of customer and other business and third-party data to make sure it meets the needs of a variety of stakeholders.
Product at Pie
Pie’s Product Management team likes to get ‘er done. With a keen focus on solving user problems and a deep commitment to meeting business goals, we develop clear product concepts with well-defined objectives and benefits.
To make sure what we’re building is easy to use, can be brought to market quickly, and actually meets a need, we are passionate about collaborating across all parts of the company.
As with most start ups, Pie will need to make tough calls about where to put our time and energy: you will be instrumental in helping the business make those trade off decisions as they relate to our APIs and Data Warehouse, leveraging your ability to generate creative solutions to thorny problems. You will likely take on additional areas of work growing out of our API and Data Warehouse needs, and may pinch hit on other areas of work within the Product Team to grow your skills and meet high priority business needs.
How You’ll Do It
- Bring to market our partner APIs and supporting developer materials, as well as our data warehouse, with maturity, perspective, a mastery of the details, and curiosity.
- Work alongside Engineering, UX, Data Science, Marketing, Business Development, Sales, Customer Care, and Underwriting to build the right products effectively.
- Prioritize feature development and work streams to maximize our growth and create high-quality products.
- Incubate new solutions, ideas, and strategies. Communicate vision with stories and data.
- Ensure our APIs, developer support materials, and Data Warehouse are meeting our business, legal, and contractual needs.
- Own the execution and excellence of our products. Be scrappy. Solve problems. Do what needs to be done no matter how big the obstacles or how limited the resources.
Whether It’s Right For You
You will be joining our team in our Denver office. Everything we do is connected, but we each have different roles. That means we need you to be a very strong collaborator. We are a start-up. All hands and minds are needed.
This is an experienced hire role. We expect you’ll have spent at least 4 years doing hands-on product management, with experience bringing to market external-facing APIs or managing data ingestion/warehouse (or ideally, both). Of course, you’ll also need certain skills and abilities to do the work:
- Excellent communication, organizational and product management skills. Ability to work among teams, functions, and locations, with lots of autonomy and little guidance.
- Proven ability to get the most and best out of all different kinds of people, shifting how you communicate to maximize effectiveness and efficiency.
- Rigorous - asks hard questions, validates assumptions, connects the dots, pays attention to the details.
- Strong execution; you make a path; you’re comfortable with uncertainty and change.
- Data-driven (quantitative and qualitative) by nature and zealous about designing products for actual human beings. You’re comfortable fumbling through SQL to really dig into data; you know how to hit an endpoint; you have an opinion on whether APIs should return partial responses.
Working @ Pie
- You expect to challenge others and be challenged.
- Your communication style is candid and compassionate.
- You share your knowledge. We aren't here to complete with one another; we are in it to win it, together.
- You share out passion for the small business community.
Pie Insurance provides workers’ compensation insurance directly to small businesses online. Offering A.M. Best A rated coverage, Pie leverages data analytics, easy-to-use online features, and a seasoned team of insurance experts to create an insurance model that’s as easy as pie. We began offering insurance policies in 2018 with a mission of helping small businesses experience true savings and an unmatched level of service.
A fast-growing insurtech startup, Pie has home offices in Washington, DC, and Denver, CO. Our all-star team offers an incredible career opportunity where you can use your expertise to disrupt an industry and serve the SMB community.
Want a slice? In return for your commitment to us, you’ll get a piece of Pie. At Pie, we’re invested in you, and you in us.