Product Manager, API & Data
Greater Boulder Area
At JumpCloud, we Make Work Happen.
JumpCloud (www.jumpcloud.com) is on a mission to disrupt an industry by securely connecting users to anything they need using a single identity. We help companies large and small to finally separate from the one element that has kept them grounded from the cloud: Active Directory. JumpCloud is the world’s alternative to Microsoft for this critical building block, doing it better, easier, and more securely using the latest technology. At JumpCloud we are building the future of identity.
This is where you come in, Product Manager.
JumpCloud is looking for talented Product Managers to join our growing team. Our product team is empowered to identify what the future looks like and plan a path to get there using data, research, and empathy. We guide exceptional multi-disciplinary teams toward our collective vision while empowering them to do great work. As a member of this team, you will have the opportunity to lead key aspects of our strategy, drive them forward, and grow alongside the company while we change the future.
As the API & Data Product Manager, you will:
- Set the strategy and roadmap for a APIs, SDKs, and the Data areas of JumpCloud, leading these products and features under your management to ensure our investments in this space will lead to the highest value for our customers.
- Own the ‘what’ and the ‘why’ of your ideas and inspire them to become new features of, or ancillary products to, our Directory-as-a-Service.
- Lead the scoping and creation of features and products, communicating and driving what your customers’ need through our agile process.
- Help plan and execute specifications, milestones and use case development for engineering to execute against.
- Maintain diligence and perform analysis on the market JumpCloud serves to understand competitive offerings, their positioning, functionality and value propositions.
You will work with:
- Customers to understand their pains and their vision of success, while ensuring they are educated and excited about your vision and the features.
- Your fellow Product Managers to collaborate on strategy and go-to-market execution on new features and updates as part of the JumpCloud platform.
- UX and UI teams to ensure the simplest and most efficient experiences for our users.
- Architecture teams to ensure that our APIs, SDKs, and Data capabilities are technically sound, consistent, and delivering a great developer experience for our customers.
- Engineering teams consisting of Product Owners/Engineering Team Leads, Fullstack and UI engineers and more to effectively communicate the requirements for the major feature areas you will be owning.
- QA to devise test plans and ensure the highest quality delivery of your features.
- Marketing on the messaging, positioning, value and benefits of the features you are bringing to market.
- Sales to help evangelize and sell your features and the overall Directory-as-a-Service solution.
- Customer Success to train and collaborate with them on customer issues, resolution and feedback.
- Senior Leadership to align your product vision and strategy to company objectives.
In order to be successful in this role, we would love for you to have:
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a Product Manager or Product Owner.
- Direct experience with product management of SaaS web applications and large-scale platforms, preferably for IT-focused or technical B2B solutions.
- Repeatedly taken products and/or major releases from inception to market.
- High degree of technical competency to effectively collaborate with engineering and architecture, and be able to speak APIs, SDKs, and Data Capabilities with engineers on our team, as well as the customer developers who are consuming them.
- Direct experience managing technical product areas, such as Data and/or APIs.
- Direct experience with product-led growth techniques, experimentation, iteration.
- Experience with IT-related technologies such as Windows, Mac, Linux, directory services, LDAP, RADIUS, SAML or similar complex products.
- The ability to make trade-off decisions between possible and desirable, which requires a good sense of what is technically feasible.
- Proven experience working in agile development methodologies, making sure user stories and acceptance criteria are captured correctly. Must enjoy collaborative environments, be able to travel occasionally, and have a BA/BS in computer science or related industry experience.
As a JumpCloud Product Team member, you possess:
- Empathy and humility - for all with whom you communicate and interact every day - fellow employees, customers and partners.
- Passion for your work! It matters to each and every customer you want to solve problems for.
- Precision and highly-evolved organizational skills in management and synthesis of large sets of information - feature backlogs, user data, support ticket information, etc.
- Solid understanding of the product manager/owner process and proficiency with acting as ‘product manager’ in the Agile process.
- Deep appreciation and capability in the role of user research.
- Solid grasp of current—and not-so-current—states of design and user experience.
- Respectable knowledge of dev tools and practices.
- Persuasive, personable presentation skills.
- Self-directed, organized work ethic.
Where you’ll be working
Our corporate headquarters in downtown Boulder, right next to the Boulder Theater.
You’ll have a voice in the organization, with a seasoned executive team, a supportive board and a proven market that our customers are excited about. We have a world-class product management team who are executing on an opportunity that occurs once in a decade.
JumpCloud is an incredible place to share and grow your expertise! You’ll work with amazing talent across each department who are passionate about our mission. We’re out of the box thinkers, so your unique approaches on incepting and moving a product or feature through to its launch will be welcome.
Please submit your résumé and brief explanation about yourself and why you would be a good fit for JumpCloud and serving our great customer base. If you include a few things you’d like to see in our product that’s a bonus!
This position is based in Boulder, CO. We invite those who are considering relocation to Colorado to apply as well. If you thrive working in a fast, SaaS based environment and you are passionate about solving challenging technical problems, we look forward to hearing from you!
Read Full Job Description