Product Manager, Advanced Analytics & Smart Predictive
The Product Manager, Advanced Analytics & Smart Predictive, at the Alteryx team is directly responsible for supporting a product team that is charged with defining the product strategy and translating the high-level vision and goals into actionable tasks for Alteryx’s data science products. You will support the product goals, help prioritize the features, build consensus, and coordinate product schedules with your design and engineering teammates.
As Product Manager for Alteryx’s machine learning and AI business, you are the consummate team player, adept at managing relationships, collaborating and influencing across a variety of organizational functions including sales, marketing, development and other members of the Product Management team. In addition, you will help develop new ideas based on feedback from customers and prospects that drive innovative solutions for the broader market.
The Product Manager, Advanced Analytics & Smart Predictive, role takes additional responsibilities for various aspects of the product roadmap, feature delivery, and go-to-market. They must be able to make decisions with imperfect information, know how to lead without authority and be comfortable managing chaos, ambiguity and complexity.
We are looking for that unique person that can be both strategic and technical savvy with a big-picture vision and can drive the team to make that vision a reality. Strong communications skills are key to success in this role and must be prepared to communicate with all areas of the company.
- Work with one or more development teams to organize and manage large scope projects from initial design concept through the product life cycle, including the development of the roadmap and product strategy
- Analyze marketplace, customers, prospects, and competitors to determine the right features to bring new features to market along with overall feature prioritization
- Be an active participant in the Alteryx Community ecosystem, including the Alteryx Community site, user groups and events to help shape the market and evangelize the Alteryx product portfolio.
- Monitor and manage successful delivery of the features defined in the product roadmap with respective teams throughout the development life cycle, working to identify risks and remove impediments, discover opportunities for improvement and keep senior management and others informed.
- Enable and train customers and internal support teams on product features through various channels including direct communication, webinar and live events and sessions.
- Actively participate in a lead role for launch awareness, enablement and feature demonstrations for internal consumers and external customers and prospects.
- Manage feature and function requirements and design documents, collaborating with development teams, design teams and other members of the products and marketing organization to deliver business requirement documents, specifications and user stories.
- Responsible for maintaining a prioritized feature backlog and communicating priorities to the Development Team.
- Participate in team ceremonies including stand-ups, story refinements and team retrospectives, to align the team towards a successful delivery cycle.
- Perform a lead role in beta and pilot programs with customers and prospects.
- 3+ years of Product Management, Development, Sales Engineering or Product Marketing experience in the enterprise software industry.
- Tech savvy and passionate about building products.
- Track record of using qualitative and quantitative data to prioritize and drive decision-making.
- Proficient in productivity applications such as Microsoft Office or equivalent products
- Comfortable using collaboration and CRM tools such as Slack, Rally, and Salesforce.
- Metrics-driven: Strong analytical and synthesis skills are a must, including the ability to absorb and process large amounts of data into actionable information.
- Experience with best practice agile scrum development and lean startup principles.
- Detail oriented with critical thinking skills - ability to break down initiative-level requirements into feature and story attribute level details.
- Project management skills; ability to manages multiple projects simultaneously; strategic thinking with ability to build strong working relationships across organizational teams in a fast paced and changing environment.
- Curious and comfortable holding professional conversations with our target buyers and users.
- Must be a strong writer and public speaker in front of large, senior groups.
- Excellent people and management skills to interact with staff, colleagues, cross-functional teams and third parties.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Domain expertise in data science, predictive modeling, machine learning and statistics is a big plus. MBA preferred.
- This position requires domestic and international travel to customer and potential sites up to 25 percent.