Product Line Manager at PopSockets LLC
Product Line Manager - New Products
PopSockets LLC, based in Boulder, Colorado, designs, manufactures and sells innovative lifestyle products. Our flagship product, the PopSockets grip, was invented by philosophy professor David Barnett, with the first grip sold on PopSockets.com in 2014. We’ve since sold more than 200 million grips and expanded our portfolio to include a broad range of empowering, expressive, and fun products. We aim to build an Eternal Positivity Machine—an adaptable global brand that makes an increasing positive impact on the world every year.
The Role: The Product Line Manager will help manage the end-to-end product lifecycle for the case and mount categories and is responsible for developing and implementing product strategies that meet financial and marketing objectives set by PopSockets
- Manage key lines within the PopSockets product portfolio with an emphasis on establishing PopSockets as a leader in the case market.
- Own the entire product life cycle from product conceptualization to product commercialization to end state obsolescence; ensuring the right price, margin, features, and benefits. Be accountable for project ROI as well as category P&L
- Be the voice of the developer through compelling storytelling and presentations to explain product strategy, design details, key features and benefits and the consumer reason to believe.
- Work directly with product marketing teams to coordinate strategy behind bringing life to the product through visual assets, packaging, positioning strategy and messaging strategy
- Help create and manage the product roadmap for the category with input and signoff by necessary department heads and be able to present in steering committee reviews
- Interface with cross functional teams on a daily basis including Sales, Finance, Operations, Marketing, key accounts, and upper management on all topics necessary to bring new products to market.
- Prepare and lead product development phase reviews along with the engineering project manager to move products through the development pipeline.
- Work with global Sales teams to identify ideal channel strategies and provide support for rollouts and presentations to Key Accounts and other sales initiatives
- Able and strong desire to work in a fast paced environment with shorter product development timelines.
- Help develop the creation of surveys, industry data, competitor analysis, and trend observation to guide product feature specifics as well as long-term portfolio vision.
- Become an expert in the PopSockets market place and industry by analyzing sales reports, developing competitive landscape studies and identifying business/technology/fashion trends to generate growth strategies.
- 7+ years experience as a Product Manager, Program Manager, Product Line Director, Product Marketing Manager, or Merchandiser. Mobile device/accessory, and/or consumer product management experience ideal.
- Product line management experience in consumer electronics a plus
- Knowledge of materials and processes as well as supply chain and logistics necessary to produce mobile device accessories
- Experience in product business development, brand development (especially as it relates to translating brand strategy into product requirements), and marketing to a youth audience a plus.
- Experience managing project ROI and category P&Ls a plus
- Demonstrated success defining, managing, and launching world-class consumer products
- Hi EQ, strong communication skills and proven ability to make persuasive presentations for both internal and external stakeholders
- Strong aesthetic sensibilities and curatorial skill
- Acute cultural and trend awareness in the context of consumer product industries
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams
- Articulate writer and public speaker with an enthusiasm for presenting ideas
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Salary 90-120k Depending Experience plus 20% bonus
PopSockets is dedicated to the practice of equal opportunity employment. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants and employees on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, color, creed, ancestry, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classes. Unlawful harassment includes verbal or physical conduct which has the purpose or effect of interfering with an individual’s work performance, or creating an intimidating, hostile, offensive, unsafe or otherwise non-welcoming work environment. This policy applies to all employees, including managers, supervisors, co-workers; and non-employees such as customers, clients, vendors, consultants, etc.