Outrider, the pioneer in autonomous yard operations for logistics hubs, helps large enterprises improve safety, increase efficiency, and optimize their workforce. The only company exclusively focused on automating all aspects of yard operations, Outrider eliminates manual tasks that are hazardous and repetitive. Outrider’s mission is to drive the rapid adoption of sustainable freight transportation by deploying zero-emission systems. Outrider is a private company backed by NEA, 8VC, and other top-tier investors.
As a Product Manager at Outrider, you'll work closely with engineering leads and customer teams to establish, refine, and execute our product vision and go-to-market strategy. This role focuses specifically on the web application used to manage and control the Outrider System, a logistics automation product that transforms distribution yard environments into safe, efficient, autonomous logistics operations.
You will own the roadmap for everything related to Management Software - the 'human-machine interface' of the Outrider System - and collaborate closely with the engineering team in this area to determine requirements and prioritize feature development. You'll need to be ready to quickly reorganize priorities to meet changing expectations inside and outside the company.
This position plays an essential role in helping deliver a safety-critical system for logistics automation. The opportunity offers a very talented product manager the chance to help develop a market-defining enterprise product that combines autonomous vehicle technology with a software-as-a-service (SaaS) business model.
The ideal candidate will embrace our goal to drive zero-emission, self-driving vehicle adoption, and help us realize our potential to define, build, and lead a new, category of robotic automation for the enterprise.
Duties and responsibilities
- Establish, refine and execute the Management Software product strategy
- Turn complex logistics operations management into elegant, intuitive, effective application software
- Collaborate with the Management Software engineering lead and Systems Engineering to establish requirements
- Collaborate with customer operations teams, program management, and engineering to prioritize feature development while making trade-offs between capabilities, cost, and customer demand.
- Communicate feature development expectations to engineering, product, marketing, and commercial leadership
- Understand the competitive landscape and help drive pricing strategy
- Help establish Product Management processes, templates, and workflows to support a growing Product Management tea
- Be comfortable in settings ranging from technical discussions with engineers to presenting to executives
- Commit to travel and customer visits, depending on customer locations (up to 25%)
- Exceptional background in full-lifecycle product leadership
- Referenceable track record designing, developing and shipping software that drives positive, measurable, real-world outcomes for end-users and customers
- BS or MS degree in engineering (or equivalent professional exposure)
- 4 years of product management experience with integrated HW/SW systems
- Demonstrated ability to turn ambiguous problems into concrete feature-based solutions very quickly
- Ability to gather and analyze customer information to create a world-class product vision while considering technical hurdles and business objectives.
- Strategic thinking to turn long-term goals into near-term plans
- Product leadership experience with automotive systems, mobile robotics, or industrial automation
- Successful history of shipping SaaS and/or cloud-hosted software/services
- Product management background with B2B/enterprise application software, preferably management, analytics, or business intelligence tools