Product Director, Marketplace Scalability
Guild, the leading education benefits platform and one of Denver's fastest growing startups, is increasing economic mobility for working adults in America and providing education and support to help every student survive and thrive in the economy of tomorrow. Our platform helps employers offer education as a benefit to their employees by connecting employers' workforces with our network of nonprofit universities and education institutions that focus on serving the needs of working adults. And, our team of retention coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through graduation. In order to accelerate our growth and achieve our mission to serve 1000s more students, we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Redpoint Ventures (among other social impact and VC partners!).
This role is great for you if you get excited to find the right balance of empathy and technology as your support millions of students finding their professional and education paths while you grow and develop a team of high quality product managers. As a Product Director for Marketplace Scalability you’ll focus on growing our product management organization, focusing on supporting technical and partnership PMs deployed across our B2B marketplace growth, implementations, strategic integrations and platform infrastructure; all of which help students find, enroll in, pay for and be successful in education programs.
You’ll know if you’re successful when:
- Guild helps more and more students. We’re striving to reach all 64 million frontline workers in the users over the next few years and 10’s of thousands of students next year. You’ll be successful when our technology enables those students and their coaches.
- Your team feels empowered and successful. You are a leader and your success is largely determined on your ability to engage, empower, and improve their ability to drive success.
You’ll join a team:
- Focused on our double-bottom-line mission of changing higher ed for working adults and building a successful startup in Denver
- From diverse backgrounds – from traditional higher education, to athletic coaches, to politicians, to startup leaders (and more!)
- Of learners & problem-solvers dedicated to our dual mission of changing education in America while building a successful, high-growth company
- Committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
What you’ll add to Guild – as an individual and part of the broader team:
- 8+ years as a technology product leader, including a demonstrated history of building products that drive big impacts to business
- Experience and interest in Experience managing teams of product managers across different product lines and at different points in their career (this is a must)
- Experience and interest in scaling a product management organization, from sourcing, hiring and onboarding to long term mentorship and career growth.
- Experience in a startup or similar fast-paced environment where there is frequent change and a need to demonstrate and act with a sense of urgency
- A player/coach - Ability and interest to step in as a product manager on new initiatives or when needed as Guild grows fast
- Passion for our mission – Guild is pioneering a new path for affordable education in a complicated and regulated space – success means quickly and effectively adapting your expertise
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!