Principal Product Manager
DISH is a Fortune 200 company that continues to redefine the communications industry. Our legacy is innovation and a willingness to challenge the status quo, including reinventing ourselves. We disrupted the pay-TV industry in the mid-90s with the launch of the DISH satellite TV service, taking on some of the largest U.S. corporations in the process, and grew to be the fourth-largest pay-TV provider. We are doing it again with the first live, internet-delivered TV service - Sling TV - that bucks traditional pay-TV norms and gives consumers a truly new way to access and watch television.
Now we have our sights set on upending the wireless industry and unseating the entrenched incumbent carriers.
We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win - it's in our DNA. We're looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story. Opportunity is here. We are DISH.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Product at Sling includes the technology that enables our customers' viewing experience. As a Staff Technical Product Manager for Sling TV, you will be responsible for working with a team of software, quality and UX engineers and members from business functions to build the right solutions for customers. You'll be responsible as the team leader to develop the product roadmap, requirements, user experience, and product strategy on a dedicated team. Our Product Managers play a highly visible role in the company and are critical to the development and execution of our product strategy. You will be part of forging the way millions of people watch TV. Product managers actively talk to customers, synthesize data and metrics, make decisions on features and initiatives, and help craft the vision in their domain.
As a Staff Technical Product Manager for Sling TV, you will:
- Discover Solutions that customers love and works for the business
- Research, analyze and follow tech trends in the industry and how they affect the product strategic roadmap
- Build a Discovery Vision and process with the collaboration of design, engineers, architects, etc.
- Utilize discovery framing techniques and demand validation techniques to come up with solutions that are valuable, usable, feasible, and viable
- Directly engage with customers (internal and external) to validate discovery scope prior to promoting work to a delivery backlog
- Communicate discovery progress through written and oral presentation to varied audiences
- Create and communicate Product Objectives and Outcomes to broad audience across the organization
- Collaborate with the Delivery Manager to drive clarity and alignment of objectives and outcomes between development teams and key stakeholders
- Partner with the Delivery Manager to report on progress towards outcomes through initiatives, milestones and KPIs Drives clarity on technical requirements through collaboration with architects, engineering Managers, Tech Leads and internal and external partners
- Feed the Delivery backlog with priority for development using a customer-centric business-focused approach and refines Delivery Backlog stories as needed
- Measure the effectiveness of releases post launch and iterate to achieve objectives and key results
Skills, Experience and Requirements
- A Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Business or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of experience as a Product Manager, Product Owner, Technical Team Lead or a related position
- Experience with agile development
- Experience with people leadership across distributed teams
- Strong technical, analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Experience managing a product backlog with multiple competing interests
- Be able to break down complex features and platform requirements into deliverable parts and stories
- As an added bonus, experience with analytics, Big Data, and experience with streaming and mobile platforms such as Roku, tvOS, iOS, and Android
Compensation: $140,250.00/Year - $189,750.00/Year
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website . Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, to include a drug test and criminal background check.