The Trade Desk is a global technology company with a mission to create a better, more open Internet for everyone through principled, intelligent advertising.
Handling over 600 billion queries per day (more than 100X the query volume of search globally), our platform operates at unprecedented scale. We have also built something even stronger and more valuable: an award-winning culture based on trust, empathy, collaboration, and ownership. By working together across typical dividing lines, we are better as a team than any of us could be apart.
Do you have a passion for solving hard problems at scale? Are you eager to join a trust-based, globally-connected team, where your contributions will make a meaningful difference?
Come and see why Fortune Magazine consistently ranks The Trade Desk among best small-medium sized workplaces globally.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
We are looking for driven Principal Product Manager who learn fast, who are humble and value teamwork; who are hungry, and believe they can make our customer's world a much better place. The ideal candidate will be technical, data-driven, creative, business savvy, and love elegant user experience. They will be growth-oriented and able to strive for product-market fit with their teams.
The kind of person who joins The Trade Desk Product Team is fearless, courageous, passionate, and willing to dream big and then execute on it. We are committed to helping you grow, challenging you with hard, meaningful work, and celebrating our successes and failures together. Yes, we do fail at times because we believe the risk is part of making big bets. So we take the risks and learn from them. We also value strong leadership, asking our PMs to take on large, ambitious, and often ambiguous projects that can help extend our lead in the industry.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
As the voice of our customers globally, you’ll deeply understand how to make users’ lives better through software. One of our core product principles is “do the right thing”. We expect you to represent our company and exercise good judgment, by balancing the needs of our diverse agency clients. You will accomplish this by teaming up with designers, developers, product managers, and business stakeholders to create delightful, engaging experiences. You will gather customer requirements, design prototypes, prioritize and scope releases that represent customers’ needs, then work with the rest of the engineering team to build those products and iterate on them over time.
In this role, you will own the roadmap and execution for various data and optimization products. This can include UI/API experiences for onboarding and managing 1st party data; data science models, data engineering pipelines, and UI/UX experiences for driving Campaign performance through optimizations; and workflows for making data-driven decisions across The Trade Desk platform. As a Principal Product Manager on the Data team, you will be working closely with stakeholders across our UX/UI, Data Partnerships, Data Science, and Engineering Teams - helping think through tradeoffs in workflow implementations, visualizations, model approaches, and customer impact. In addition to those teams, you will be working with stakeholders all across the globe to bring our shared vision for programmatic advertising to life.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE:
· 8+ years of Product Management experience
· Background in software development, engineering, or data science/analytics a plus
· Passion -- your work matters. Your features matter. You care and give your all.
· Grit -- sometimes solutions take creative thinking and multiple iterations. You try many different approaches to the right answer.
· Collaborative -- the best PMs are not necessarily those with the best ideas, but those that ensure the right thing gets done.
· Selfless -- Product Management is about making sure the best work gets done by the team, and making sure they share in the credit.
· Empathy -- As a PM you are the voice of the customer and need to represent them from a position of deep understanding.
· Entrepreneur -- as a PM you need to get out there and convince others of your ideas
· Excellent communication/presentation skills both in large and small groups.
· A sustained track record of making significant, self-directed, and end-to-end contributions to large and impactful software projects
· Ability to solve complex, technical problems with creative solutions while managing tradeoffs
· Strong interest in what computing can do -- a passion for technology and how to apply that to problems of massive scale
· Prior experience in adtech/martech, and an understanding of the uses and technology surrounding DMPs, CDPs, and Data Activation platforms.
Our Compensation and Benefits (for Colorado residents only)• Base Compensation Range: $114,808 - $243,600
In accordance with Colorado law, the range provided is The Trade Desk’s reasonable estimate of the base compensation for this role. The actual amount may be higher or lower, based on non-discriminatory factors such as experience, knowledge, skills and abilities. The Trade Desk also offers a competitive benefits package. Click here to learn more.
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.