Manager I, Product
Sling TV L.L.C. provides an over-the-top (internet delivered) television experience on TVs, tablets, gaming consoles, computers, smartphones, smart TVs and other streaming devices. Distributed across a variety of strategic device partners, including Google, Amazon, Apple TV, Microsoft, Roku, Samsung, LG, Comcast, and many others, Sling TV offers two primary domestic streaming services that collectively include more than 100 channels of top content. Featured programmers include Disney/ESPN, Fox, NBC, AMC, A&E, EPIX, NFL Network, NBA TV, NHL Networks, Pac-12 Networks, Hallmark, Viacom, and more. For Spanish-speaking customers, Sling Latino offers a suite of standalone and extra Spanish-programming packages tailored to the U S. Hispanic market. And for those seeking International content, Sling International currently provides more than 300 channels in 20 languages (available across multiple devices) to U.S. households.
Sling TV is the #1 Live TV Streaming Service Sling TV is a next-generation service that meets the entertainment needs of today’s contemporary viewers. Visit www.Sling.com. We are driven by curiosity, pride, adventure, and a desire to win – it’s in our DNA. We’re looking for people with boundless energy, intelligence, and an overwhelming need to achieve to join our team as we embark on the next chapter of our story.
Opportunity is here. We are Sling.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Oversees development of systems and programs for the delivery of advanced and targeted advertising and corresponding audience measurement systems. Supports systems for traditional Dish linear satellite services, Dish Anywhere (TV Everywhere) services, Set-Top-Box based Video on Demand (VoD) and Sling-TV over-the-top (OTT) television service.
Job Activities and Requirements:
Acts as Subject Matter Expert and Evangelist for advanced advertising products
- In cooperation with Dish’s media sales department, the Ad Technologies Product Manager drives the company’s progress in developing and deploying new systems and technologies that support ad insertion products. These products are critical to revenue generation in Dish new video services.
- The Ad Technology Product Manager is the company’s subject matter expert in all aspects of the advanced advertising space. He/she gathers industry best practices and provides knowledge to the rest of the organization.
Ad Product Leadership
- The Product Manager – Ad Technologies is responsible for leading all ad systems projects. This includes evaluated and recommending third party vendors as well as negotiating vendor contracts.
- The Ad Tech Product manager also serves as primary liaison with Echostar Engineering as they construct or install systems for the support of advanced advertising.
- Supports the integration of new systems and ensures the successful launch of new programmers’ ad insertion capabilities.
- The Product Manager – Ad Tech also leads the integration of new and the expansion of existing audience measurement technologies.
- Audience measurement technologies (i.e. ComScore, Nielsen, Adobe, etc.) are both required by programmers and necessary to maximize value of Dish’s ad insertion systems. As a result these are critical elements to revenue generation and the successful launch of new programmers and Content.
Business Process Ownership
- Provide analysis of new ad systems opportunities developing business cases and presenting cases to Dish executive management
- Recommend next steps and develop roadmaps for ad product development
- Understands and communicates industry trends and revenue opportunities
- Other duties as assigned
Skills - Experience and Requirements
- MBA or equivalent experience necessary to provide complex research and business analysis guiding the development of new multi-million dollar systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to learn and synthesize details of a complex and highly specific industry segment
- Ability to communicate with C level employees and drive consensus on direction and vendor selection
- Ability to perform well without direct day-to-day supervision
- Up to 25% domestic US travel required