Lead Product Manager, Customer Enablement at Guild Education
Lead Product Manager, Customer Enablement
SFO, Denver, Remote
Guild’s product teams leverage technology to help connect and scale our education marketplace, enabling thousands of students to go to school affordably. We are on a journey to expand this marketplace by 10x over the next few years.
We are hiring for a Lead Product Manager to join our Customer Enablement team.
In this role you will:
- Be a subject matter expert on product breadth and technology. Be a resource for sales, Go-To-Market as well as Marketplace enablement teams for scoping, sizing and prioritization decisions.
- Own and maintain product roadmap in partnership with product, engineering, partner and marketing teams.
- Partner with sales engineering team to plan, onboard and troubleshoot customer implementation
- Be the voice of the customers and partner teams in helping core product teams identify feature gaps as well as opportunities to streamline how we onboard, operate and support hundreds of partners.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 8+ years of deep experience in product management or a similar function
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and execute quickly, maintaining a keen attention to detail and working well under pressure.
- Experience managing multiple highly cross-functional technical development projects at the same time.
- The curiosity to constantly ask questions and experience using analytical approaches to develop, measure and evolve processes - never settling for “good enough.”
- Strong work ethic and independence, with a high degree of motivation to learn and iterate.
- Excellent cross-functional communication and relationship building skills- balancing confidence, humility, and diplomacy internally and externally.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We are one of the few female-led companies to hit a $1 billion valuation and the only Certified B Corporation with those qualifications. Our Series D financing round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $150,000 - $170,000, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help you recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, so that you can take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth