Group Product Line Manager at VMware Carbon Black
This is a massive opportunity for a seasoned Product Management and analytics leader to lead the security analytics effort for VMware Carbon Black Cloud, a SaaS based market leading cybersecurity offering, securing millions of users and thousands of businesses. This role is a unique opportunity for a security and analytics leader to leverage petabyte scale security data to create compelling security value for customers.
Job Role and Responsibility
As a Senior Manager, Product Management in the VMware Carbon Black Security Business Unit, you will be driving dramatic growth along with others spanning, PM, TPM, engineering, dev-ops and go-to-market teams. This is an extraordinary opportunity for a Product Manager leader to join a fast-growing business and to have a huge impact. Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Own – You along with your team will own the security analytics vision and execution for the Carbon Black Cloud platform– the buck stops at you.
- Build and lead: You will build and manage a world-class team of Product Managers
- Execute - You will integrate into an agile process from a product owner perspective and get stuff done
- Understand & Empathize - You will work closely with customers and customer success teams to understand customer requirements and convert them to analytics driven product features that create the highest impact.
- Sell - You will sell a vision and handle criticism from customers.
- Strategize - You have a user and strategic perspective. A user perspective is data-driven and focused on optimal customer experience. A strategic perspective allows for ruthless prioritization that maximizes the likelihood of achieving the business goals.
The values we look for come first. See if the ones below apply to you.
- Doers vs Thinkers - We believe doing is the best way to get better and build momentum.
- Intellectual Integrity – We believe people who seek the best idea are far better than people who push their idea.
- Courage – We believe most hard problems don’t come with guarantees, so the best people have the courage to fail.
- Insatiable curiosity and desire to learn - We believe that the desire and ability to learn new things is even more powerful than what you bring with you.
- Respect & Collaboration -We believe the best work is done by small teams of people who complement, challenge each other and enjoy working with one another.
- 10+ years of Product Management experience
- Experience building and shipping analytics powered products operating on peta-byte scale data
- Experience and familiarity with advanced analytics technologies including ML/AI and corresponding technology stack
- Experience building and shipping security and/or cloud deployed products
- Entrepreneurial mindset
Category : Business Strategy and Operations
Subcategory: Program Management
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-09-03
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.