Director of Product at HomeAdvisor
HomeAdvisor is seeking an experienced, results-driven Director of Product Management. This person will own a huge part of the company’s growth engine and will have the opportunity to redefine and digitize the delivery of home services. This person has an owner’s mindset and is laser-focused on building extraordinary experiences for customers and pros in both the digital realm and the real world.
You will be successful in this role if you are:
- Fiercely competitive: you operate with a sense of urgency, creativity, and curiosity for how we can improve the lives of our customers and our pros. You aren’t easily knocked down
- A team builder: you are excited by the chance to build a diverse, well-rounded team of high performing product managers
- Data-fluent: you use data to solve problems, identify opportunities, and are capable of inventing and using new metrics in order to learn and make decisions
- Biased for action: you make good decisions with incomplete data and are constantly optimizing for learning
- A bar raiser: you inspire others to bring their ‘A’ game and are constantly looking for opportunities for improvement. You don’t accept “because that is the way we’ve always done it.”
- An owner: you can seamlessly straddle thinking about both the product and the business and are equally comfortable talking about funnel metrics and P+Ls
What you’ll do:
- Deeply understand our consumers and service professionals and where we have opportunities to make their lives better
- Think beyond the bounds of digital product to figure out how we deliver value in the real world
- Build amazing products our customers and pros can’t live without
- Define high level product and business goals and the strategy and roadmap to deliver them
- Look for ways to constantly keep the ball moving forward by shipping, analyzing, researching, and learning week in and week out
- Build and lead a high performing team of product managers to deliver on the vision
- Launch new products and features with a highly detailed and thoughtful testing approach
- Thrive within ambiguity and find new, creative ways to solve problems every day, with data as your guide
- Collaborate with design, engineering, and analytics teams to make swift and smart decisions, move fast, and deliver for customers and pros
Skills and Experience needed for success:
- 5+ years of experience in product management , with 2+ years leading high-performance teams in fast-paced, digitally native organizations
- A track record of innovating on behalf of customers and developing ‘new to the world’ products
- Deep experience A/B testing fast and at scale
- Experience managing and coaching PMs; passion for creating an environment where creative solutions are nurtured
- Ability to weigh competing priorities, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas, driving to consensus while maintaining a clear focus on overarching business priorities
- Strong ability to collaborate across functions and levels seamlessly juggling the priorities of multiple stakeholders
- Superior communication skills: you communicate clearly and concisely, including with senior leadership, and can tailor your message to your audience
- Graduate degree preferred but not required
MORE ABOUT US:
As #1 in the home services category, we work every day to create the digital products and services that empower millions of service professionals to connect with hundreds of millions of homeowners to both deliver a seamless home improvement experience and nurture growth of the independent small business.
We are shaping what it means to be Rocky Mountain Tech. We are known for our casual atmosphere that is flexible and focused on productivity. With a “take what you need” vacation policy, thoughtful approach to career development, and the ability for individuals to make a tangible impact, we are a true meritocracy and fundamentally believe our people are our greatest asset.
HomeAdvisor is the self-contained operating business of ANGI Homeservices (NASDAQ: ANGI), a federation of spirited technology companies that build for a better economy. We love the software that we invent, the hundreds of thousands of service professionals whom we empower and the hundreds of millions of homeowners whose lives we unburden and beautify. As a purposeful technology company, we foster a culture of collaboration, and nurture growth through innovation. We are proud to be recognized as a Top Workplace in Denver for 6 years and counting!