Director of Product Management - Data Lake (Greater Denver Area, CO)
The VIZIO data team is looking for a highly talented and motivated Product Management Leader to grow and manage our data lake product management team, build the data lake roadmap and processes and help deliver strategic initiatives across the organization. We look for people who can effectively partner with Data Engineering, DevOps, Data Science and Business leaders to deliver easy, effective, and insightful analytics. The position can be held in one of several offices (San Francisco, Dallas, Denver, Irvine, New York). We are a close-knit team, focusing on challenging problems that make a difference to our business. We concentrate on high-impact, high-value development, and in this role, you'll be lynchpin in delivering the software that helps us grow. We are looking for someone who is versatile, methodical, excited by modern technology and enjoys focusing on tackling software and data challenges.
What You Will Do
- Determine the overall data platform strategy.
- Play a key role in defining and shaping the roadmap for existing and future data products and analytics.
- Collaborate with other VIZIO TV divisions to understand how future TV and software enhancement will impact the data reporting strategy and account for them.
- Get roadmap buy-in across all company stakeholders. Strong collaborative and prioritization skills are a must.
- Drive productization best practices and processes and work closely with Business, Data Science, Data Engineering teams as well as other stakeholders in the organization.
- Perform in-depth analysis of data products and use quantitative insight to drive improvements in both data quality, design and business improvement.
- Design business KPIs and track performance on a daily basis, investigate unforeseen changes to KPIs.
- Communicate effectively by preparing, pitching and presenting decks to various stakeholders. Ability to effectively communicate technical feedback to a diverse group of stakeholders including customers and sales.
- 8 years+ relevant experience in big data products and DAAS.
- Hired, grew and managed Product Management teams.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with data driven product design and decision making.
- Practical knowledge in data base querying and data visualization (i.e. Tableau, Periscope, Python,...).
- Experience in privacy regulations and identity management is a big plus.
- Experience with TV data audience and AdTech in a big plus
- Excellent communications skills, ability to document requirements and work collaboratively.
- Self starter, willing to get hands dirty with own products, and "make it work".
- BS or MS degree in Engineering or Computer science preferred.
We are Beautifully Simple.
Headquartered in Irvine, California, VIZIO is a leading HDTV brand in America and the #1 Sound Bar Brand in America. VIZIO's mission is to deliver high performance, smarter products with the latest innovations at a significant savings that we can pass along to our consumers. Our loyal following and industry-wide praise continues to grow as we redefine what it means to be smart.
VIZIO, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. We will not pay fees to any third-party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
For Colorado-based employment: The minimum salary for this position is $180,000/year. The compensation package includes the annual bonus in addition to a range of medical, dental, vision and other benefits.
For New York-based employment: The minimum salary for this position is $180,000/year. The maximum salary for this position $200,000/year. The compensation package includes the annual bonus in addition to a range of medical, dental, vision and other benefits.