Digital Threading Product Manager at IHS Markit Digital
At IHS Markit, we’re changing the way the world interacts with information. Our dynamic team consists of more than 15,000 analysts, data scientists, industry experts, and software developers serving 80% of the Fortune Global 500.
In the Emerging Products Division we think differently, combining the knowledge and resources of an established company with the unapologetic boldness of a startup. We’re building a software solution that connects data in revolutionary ways, illuminating answers that previously were impossible to find and empowering our clients to envision the future, so they can determine best course of action in the present.
We’re disrupting the current digital transformation landscape with state-of-the-art AI developed by a passionate team with a bias to action. Are you ready to join us in building the software that will power the most impactful companies in the world?
Are you a disruptor, breaking the paradigms of how others solve problems? Are you bold, courageous, and strategic? Is delivering impact your top motivator? We subscribe to the notion of hiring smart people and getting out of their way.
Are you ready to disrupt the digital world as we know it today? Are you ready to discover and deliver the next big thing in the age of digital transformation? Do you have a passion for new technologies and their potential applications? Are you obsessed with providing the absolute best customer experience possible in a product? Do you like to blend thinking about what if with how do we get it done? If you answered yes to these questions, then we need to talk!
As the Digital Threading Product Manager, you will be responsible for bringing a new product to market. A game-changing, industry disrupting product. This isn’t just any product that we are talking about. The potential for this product is endless, and your job is to figure out how to bring this to life, put a plan in place and deliver on it. The product you will work on encompasses digital threading for the design world. Have you heard of the butterfly effect? What if your job was to create a product that made that concept come to life?
You will work with our customers directly to bring the vision of this product into practicality on what we can achieve for them in the form of requirements. You will work with our development teams to drive the development of this disruptive technology such that it meets the requirements of our customers. You will work with our user experience team to find a way to bring the product to life with the best user experience possible. You will work with our sales team to train them on the product. You will work with our marketing team to translate the features into value propositions and benefits to the user. In short, you will be driving this. Everything starts with you defining what the product is.
This role requires a high degree of integrity, motivation, creativity, energy, persistence, and attention to detail. The ideal candidate must be a self-starter who thrives on tackling new challenges with a pragmatic approach. This role will be pivotal to the success of our business, our future and our ability to successfully disrupt the market. We need someone with the experience of an engineer, the creativity of an artist, the energy of a motivational speaker, the persistence of a professional athlete and the optimism of an entrepreneur. Are you ready for the challenge?
Duties & Accountabilities
- Perform market & customer research to build a deep understanding of customer needs and market trends
- Continuously scan industry and market news, perform in-depth competitive analysis to compare new product offering with direct competitors & inform all internal stakeholders
- Identify customer requirements and translate into product requirements for new product
- Define epics, capabilities and features for the product
- Lead a high performing team to deliver a disruptive product to market
- Develop & maintain product roadmap and ensure all stakeholders are informed
- Partner with engineering to ensure on-time product delivery of the required features
- Shape product positioning and messaging to differentiate new product from competition
- Translate product features and capabilities to value proposition and differentiated benefits to communicate with users and customers
- Lead strategic customer beta engagements, framing a feedback environment and communicating learnings on early releases of products
- Coordinate with cross functional teams to create product demonstrations
- Partner with Marketing, Sales and other geographic customer facing client teams to determine necessary collateral and sales tools to promote new product
Education & Experience
- 6+ years of experience in product management or related functions
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
- Knowledge of the product development process and what it takes to create a product
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically
- Outstanding written, verbal & presentation skills and the ability to articulate complex concepts to cross functional audiences
- Experiencing in defining, executing, and analyzing market and customer research to drive product positioning and strategy
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience in leading product development from start to finish, including shipping customer-facing products, with the ability to drive prioritization and serve as an effective liaison between customers and engineering
- Proven success in delivering complex technology products/services in a high growth environment
- Customer first mentality – desire to deliver the best possible user experience to customers
- Comfort in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Passion for building revolutionary technology in partnership with a growing team
IHS Markit is committed to providing equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the laws and regulations in any of our locations.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.