Guild, the leading education benefits platform and one of Denver's fastest growing startups, is increasing economic mobility for working adults in America and providing education and support to help every student survive and thrive in the economy of tomorrow. Our platform helps employers offer education as a benefit to their employees by connecting employers' workforces with our network of nonprofit universities and education institutions that focus on serving the needs of working adults. And, our team of retention coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through graduation. In order to accelerate our growth and achieve our mission to serve 1000s more students, we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis Ventures, Bessemer Venture Partners, and Redpoint Ventures (among other social impact and VC partners!).
As a Decision Scientist on the Advanced Analytics team, you’ll sit at the intersection of data, product, technology, business operations, and internal strategy, to help inform Guild’s most interesting business needs. You will work across the company to serve as a thought partner and data expert to help drive data driven decisions, build algorithms and tools, and quickly iterate
A day in our open, collaborative workspace might look like:
- Serving as the primary analytics partner for operating teams across the organization including Marketing, Enrollment, Partnerships, Retention Services and Student Operations to help teams make the best data informed decisions by deeply understanding trends, advising on best practices for collecting data, and building statistical models
- Mining structured and unstructured data to identify trends and run descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analyses
- Aggregating data from disparate data sources to help identify areas for product, operations, and marketing growth and optimization
- Working with product and engineering teams to collect new data and ensure data is captured in a way that it can be used to help the business grow
- Designing, developing, and deploying a/b tests and algorithms to help better serve our students
- Serving as a cross-functional consultant to inform strategic and operating business questions. This could include uncovering a problem, identifying data sources to quantify the problem, synthesizing findings and solutions, analyzing the business case and tradeoffs, and managing the implementation of recommendations.
- Leading special projects as they are identified
You’ll join a team:
- Focused on our double-bottom-line mission of changing higher ed for working adults and building a successful startup in Denver
- From diverse backgrounds – from former consultants, business and startup leaders, traditional higher education, to athletic coaches, to politicians (and more!)
- Of learners & problem-solvers dedicated to our dual mission of changing education in America while building a successful, high-growth company
- Committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
What you’ll add to Guild – as an individual and part of the broader team:
- 5+ years of experience in decision science, data science, analytics or a related technical role in a fast-paced business or start up environment
- Proven business experience with a scripting language like Python or R, SQL (Redshift/Hive/Presto experience preferred), Excel/Google Sheets, and BI Tools (Looker a plus)
- Analytical, intellectually curious, excellent problem-solver who is comfortable working with messy and unstructured data and translating it into strategic recommendations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills - you can build analytical and decision support models, synthesize recommendations, and create effective presentations for all audiences
- Team player mindset, with strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Passion for our mission – Guild is pioneering a new path for education as a benefit in a complicated and regulated space – success means quickly and effectively adapting your expertise
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!