Decision Scientist at Guild Education
Guild is hiring for a Decision Scientist who will sit at the intersection of data, product, technology, business operations, and internal strategy, to help inform Guild’s most interesting business needs. You will work across the company to serve as a thought partner and data expert to help drive data driven decisions, build algorithms and tools.
As a Decision Scientist you will:
- Serve as the primary analytics partner for operating teams across the organization including Marketing, Product, and Student Operations to help teams make the best data informed decisions by deeply understanding trends, advising on best practices for collecting data, and building statistical models.
- Mine structured and unstructured data to identify trends and run descriptive, predictive, and prescriptive analyses aimed at making strategic recommendations and embedding analytical solutions across the organization.
- Identify, validate, and make use of data from disparate data sources, working with Operations, Product and Engineering teams to collect new data as needed.
- Define and monitor adherence to best practices to ensure data is captured in a way that it can be used to help make impactful decisions.
- Design, develop, and deploy A/B tests and algorithms to help better serve our students, using results to drive improved outcomes.
- Serve as a cross-functional consultant to inform strategic and operating business questions by translating business needs into analyses. This could include uncovering a problem, identifying data sources to quantify the problem, synthesizing findings and solutions, analyzing the business case and tradeoffs, and managing the implementation of recommendations.
In addition to working on the Decision and Data Science team, in this role you will collaborate with other Guild leaders including: Noah Yetter, Kate Rossiter, and Christine Hettinger.
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 3+ years of experience in decision science, data science, analytics or a related technical role in a fast-paced business or start-up environment
- Strong technical and analytical skills, with high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven business experience with a scripting language like Python or R, SQL, as well as Excel/Google Sheets, and BI Tools (Looker a plus)
- Experience working cross-functionally with business partners to solve problems, achieve goals, and generate maximum impact.
- Analytical, intellectually curious, excellent problem-solver who is comfortable working with messy and unstructured data and translating it into strategic recommendations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills - you can build analytical and decision support models, synthesize recommendations, and create effective presentations for all audiences
- Team player mindset, with strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- Passion for our mission – Guild is pioneering a new path for education as a benefit in a complicated and regulated space – success means quickly and effectively adapting your expertise
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!