Associate Product Manager at Backbone (Greater Boulder Area, CO)
Backbone is a product development platform that empowers brands to make products smarter, faster, and at scale. We believe the future of consumer brands is digital. We provide the platform that empowers brands to innovate, design and develop products at digital speed.
We’re looking for a talented Associate Product Developer to work collaboratively across departments. This individual would own key areas of the product - managing changes and new development while focusing on customer value. They’ll gain an in-depth understanding of these key areas of the product - which will enable them to identify product gaps and generate new ideas to improve functionality and usability.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with Agile, cross-departmental roles. From client calls, to coordinating with Development, Design, QA, and more, they will be part of the glue to hold these departments together to build a better product. The ideal candidate will be comfortable ramping up to being the “go-to” person on these initiatives and parts of the product.
Backbone has a positive, diverse, and supportive culture—we look for people who are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. In our work together we aim to be smart, humble, hardworking and, above all, collaborative. We have a fun and fast-growing team based out of Boulder, CO, and are looking for energetic and experienced team members to help us grow.
We hope you’ll join us!
Who You Are:
- You’ve worked on/with product teams before.
- You have great attention to detail, but can still “zoom out” to the bigger picture.
- You have the confidence, and will build the experience, to know when to provide an answer, and when to escalate.
- You are interested in walking in our clients’ shoes and gaining a deep understanding of the use cases of certain areas of our application.
- You’re a team player that can work cross-departmentally.
- You can back up your product instincts with qualitative and quantitative data.
- You enjoy finding where profit drivers overlap with customer needs.
- You’re able to work in a self-starter environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Work collaboratively across teams to execute on product strategy.
- Coordinate, communicate, consolidate - you’ll own key areas of the product.
- Manage project scope.
- Report work in progress statuses to different teams and senior leadership.
- Track metrics for success.
- Participate in User Discovery and User Acceptance Testing for major features and functionality.
We are looking for strong overlap in the following areas:
- Experience in product management and/or project management.
- Experience in SaaS environments.
- Experience in startup environments.
- High accuracy and attention to detail.
- You don’t need to be a spreadsheet wizard - but you can make them do what you need.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience with product & backlog management tools like Jira and ProductBoard.
- Experience with analytics tools like Clarity, Segment, and Heap.
- An opportunity to join a rapidly growing venture-backed company and work alongside an incredible team of smart and supportive people. The chance to help shape the growth and development of the Backbone brand.
- Full Time, with work-life balance - flex wfh days
- Compensation package commensurate with experience and expertise
- Fully remote or hybrid working options in our Boulder, Colorado office
Benefits and Opportunities:
- Subsidized Insurance (medical/dental/vision)
- Unlimited PTO
- Wellness reimbursement
- Transit benefits
- Stock options for all employees
Salary Range: $70,000-$80,000 per year