At Flatfile, we believe that humans shouldn’t have to struggle to use the data that drives our work forwards. We create beautiful, human-centric experiences to remove the barriers between people and data. We’re automating every repetitive and painstaking process involved in teaching machines what data is and where it should go.
What do a grocery store, an early-stage e-commerce startup, and Fortune 500 insurance company all have in common? They are all Flatfile customers, for one.
Regardless of segment or geography, accessing usable data quickly is a baseline requirement for operating your business today. Flatfile serves as a crucial bridge between messy, 3rd party data and our customers’ systems. We call this data onboarding, and we view it as both a challenge and an opportunity to serve every company in the world.
About the role
The IT department at Flatfile handles all computing for employees and contractors, from onboarding to offboarding and everything in between. You’ll play an essential role in building and scaling a remote-first culture, by gearing up the best and the brightest with the latest and greatest hardware and software so that nothing stands in their way of delivering product.
You’ll handle ordering and replacing equipment for all Flatfile team members, technically onboarding them, dealing with user problems like forgotten passwords, hardware replacements, and enabling our teams to work better by doing things like configuring SSO, ensuring HR has automated on and off-boarding from tools, etc.
You will . . .
- Manage and maintain an inventory of hardware, including purchasing, repair, and disposal of laptops, iPads, and other accessories, and budget management.
- Own strategy and execution for IT support delivery, enabling Flatfilers to do their best work while working remotely.
- Build and manage an internal help desk for all IT support and troubleshooting, optimizing IT service to create delightful user experiences for all Flatfile employees.
- Support employees throughout the entire lifecycle, including maintaining the technical processes and guiding Flatfilers through the technical processes of onboarding, offboarding, and everything in between.
- Collaborate with cross-functional leaders to integrate and monitor SaaS tooling to assure all teams have the right tools and system access across the business.
- Assist in keeping Flatfile secure and compliant, implementing best practices, tools, and training throughout the organization to assure the appropriate standards are maintained. Ensure we are always remaining in compliance with standards such as SOC 2
- Managing Okta to ensure apps are provisioned automatically for specific groups
You have . . .
- 5 years of experience in an IT role, ideally for a SaaS or high-growth technology company.
- Experience managing macOS & iOS devices, building and deploying policies, configs, and software using MDM (JAMF) for remote employees in a highly compliance-oriented environment.
- Familiarity with compliance frameworks such as SOC 2 and/or ISO 27001.
- Comfortable being the escalation point for issues concerning all core IT systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present complex technical information to a variety of audiences with different technical skill levels.
- Customer service mindset, you have great interpersonal skills and a desire to work collaboratively across the organization.
- A passion for building automated systems and tasks to increase efficiency.
Bonus points for experience with. . .
- Google Workspace/G Suite/Google Apps
In accordance with applicable law, the following represents Flatfile’s reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation for this role if hired in Colorado.
Salary: $95,000 - $135,000 annually
Equity: this role is eligible to participate in Flatfile's equity plan
Our goal is to be the best remote company in the world. We take this very seriously and aim to treat every employee like a million-dollar hire.
We’re team-focused here: we look for great teammates (not just great individuals) and strive to be a place where you’re surrounded by the best people in your career, where we all make each other better.
What we offer . . .
* The best tools to do your work, including a Mac laptop and top-of-the-line hardware.
* Unlimited discretionary vacation, and recommend a minimum of 3 weeks
* Comprehensive healthcare plans (including Vision and Dental), with fully covered options for you and your dependents
* 24/7 access to a Health Advocate
* Free annual membership to One Medical in participating regions
* Short term disability insurance
* 12 weeks of paid parental leave
* 401k retirement plan, with 100% matching for up to 3% and a 50% match for the next 2%
* Equity options