SonderMind is a VC-backed digital health company redesigning behavioral health through covered and timely access, increased utilization, and data-validated quality outcomes. We are a team of Explorers, Builders, and Change Makers democratizing the complicated world of behavioral healthcare for therapists and clients alike.
How you’ll make an impact
The mission of the IT Manager is to ensure that SonderMind team members have the hardware and infrastructure to do their jobs effectively and securely. The scope of responsibilities include both operational and strategic dimensions of our IT environment. This role works across the organization to identify business technology needs and optimize the use of current and future information technology systems. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in IT operations, particularly supporting healthcare companies, including implementing security and compliance best practices, managing network infrastructure, asset management, and onboarding and offboarding.
Success looks like
- Develop cross-functional relationships and understand team process flows and their existing IT usage / needs
- Build out hardware strategy and refine IT processes
- Develop and manage IT roadmap that meaningfully progresses SonderMind
- Manage our hardware and infrastructure to maximize enterprise value while enabling teams
What you'll do
- Provide technological guidance within SonderMind
- Lead infrastructure buildout and ongoing network management
- Set hardware strategy that enables SonderMind team members while maximizing value, including proposing hardware solutions to accomplish business objectives
- Oversee management of hardware and peripherals inventory
- Participate in vendor contract negotiations to procure hardware
- Oversee Internet and computer operations
- Identify and lead IT projects that improve SonderMind’s security utilizing controls
- Supervise our IT vendor in their administration of the day-to-day technical support of SonderMind’s team members, including identifying and addressing root causes to continuously improve IT solutions
- Measure and monitor IT vendor ability to meet or exceed contact and resolution Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Partner with Business Systems Manager to maximize the utilization of existing business applications and technologies to meet business requirements and to improve the leverage of IT assets
- Develop and maintain IT policies, procedures, and processes
What you'll bring with you
- Communication- adept at influencing, negotiating, and building rapport with people across teams, functions, cultures and levels
- Proactivity- acts without being told what to. Brings new ideas
- Creativity/ Innovation- generates new and innovative approaches to problems
- Honesty/Integrity-does not cut corners ethically. Earns trust and maintains confidence. Does what is right, not just what is expedient. Speaks plainly and truly
- Follow through on Commitments- live
- Minimum of 5 years of IT operations within a healthcare company
- Strong understanding of HIPAA compliance
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering, or equivalent
- Knowledge of network design and infrastructure
- Proven success in driving projects to completions, whether leading an initiative, supporting a team, or working independently
Our Employee Benefits Philosophy
As a leader in redesigning behavioral health we are walking the walk with our employee benefits package. We focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they are and supporting them in all facets of their life with both mental and physical aspects in mind. Where most companies say "good enough" we ask ourselves "how can we do better." That includes:
- Pay Transparency- starting salary for this role is $100,000.
- Therapy coverage benefits to enable our employees to get the care they need
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life's unexpected - not only that, we cover the difference in salary for up to Eight weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid parental leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- A generous PTO policy and a company mandate of at MINIMUM three-weeks of PTO a year; flexible work-from-home policy
- A great downtown location accessible with a 100% company-covered EcoPass and stocked with unlimited drinks and snacks (with health and indulgent options for whatever craving hits you)
- A commitment to reward our team members for the long-term success and growth of SonderMind with stock option grants and bonus potential
- Competitive market salary, up-to 4% salary company match on 401K, professional development and advancement opportunities as we rapidly scale, and so much more.
Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
Mental wellness impacts people of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible. SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
Our employees may be exposed to sensitive personal information throughout their regular duties. For this reason, we maintain exceptionally high expectations of ethical conduct and require all incoming employees to pass a background check.