Boom Supersonic is the Denver-based aircraft manufacturer that’s reshaping the future of travel by bringing supersonic flight back to the skies. The first Boom airliner, Overture, is designed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety, and sustainability. Boom’s vision is to bring families, businesses, and cultures closer together and make the world dramatically more accessible.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program from day one. The company is backed by world-class investors and has sold 15 Overture aircraft to date, as well as options for 55 more. Founded in 2014, Boom employees have made contributions to more than 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the supersonic future? Join our team and help us make aviation history.Role Overview:
As our Vice President, Corporate Communications, you will be a driving force behind Boom’s company voice and communications across key stakeholder groups. You and your team will build, manage and be responsible for the corporate communications strategy including all earned media across Boom-channels, media outreach, key industry and customer influencers, executive brand management, thought leadership, crisis communications planning and management. You are an outstanding writer with a passion for storytelling, a deep understanding of public relations strategy, and a love of turning complex data points and technology accomplishments into compelling and timely news. You will also help manage and shape the external “brands'' of our CEO, President and executive team across appropriate channels including media and speaking engagements. You have impeccable judgment, consistently making the right call on the most challenging business decisions. You are able to work one-on-one with the CEO and President on company communications, and provide customer and passenger-focused strategies as part of the Commercial leadership team. The VP, Corporate Communications will also be an inspiring team builder and leader as well as cross-functional collaborator across the company.Primary Responsibilities:
- Connect Boom’s business goals into actionable corporate communications strategy that defines and achieves the company’s objectives
- Define and execute the corporate narrative, ensuring consistent messaging and positioning with internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate with the marketing team to expand awareness and reach of the Boom and Overture brands through strategic communication with the media and public
- Define the Boom news agenda and partner with subject matter experts across the company to uncover storytelling opportunities
- Develop and own relationships with the media and collaborate with Marketing on key influencers
- Manage external partners/firm(s) by providing compelling insights, pitch angles, and clear goals that align with business needs
- Collaborate closely with Investor Relations team, to ensure all investor messaging is consistent with broader company voice and communications
- Oversee company and industry communications strategy, with an emphasis on relationship building and collaboration with the VP of Investor Relations
- Elevate the voice of the CEO, President and other executive team members through media interviews, speaking opportunities, and social media engagement
- Advise and coach Boom’s executive leadership team on appropriate messaging in all types of situations ensuring a polished, consistent delivery across channels
- Build Boom’s crisis communications strategy, keeping the plan up to date, and collaborating with internal stakeholders as needed
- Support the investor relations team through proactive media outreach in key market segments and globally
- Build a best-in-class Corporate Communications organization that will help Boom scale its communications results
- 15+ years in public relations or corporate communications roles
- 3-5 years in a senior role leading and managing a communications team at a public company
- Proven track record developing and executing successful B2B and/or B2C corporate communications, content, and corporate brand campaigns
- Extraordinary writing, storytelling and editing ability, with demonstrated experience harmonizing messages and distilling complex technical concepts into simple communications
- Experience applying data to measure results, test, learn, iterate and inform decision making and strategy
- Self-directed and able to work and lead proactively, coordinating stakeholder buy-in across teams
- Ability to demonstrate company values in an on-going and consistent way
- Appetite to handle multiple projects at once in an energizing, fast-paced environment
- Strong cross-functional collaborator seeking to learn from her/his peers
- Relevant experience in technology, airline or aerospace sectors
- B2B2C experience is a plus
- Potential travel
The Base Salary Range for this position is $250,000-$300,000 and represents the low and high end of the range for this position. Actual salaries will vary based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Boom’s total rewards package for employees. Other rewards may include performance bonuses, long term incentives/equity, an open PTO policy, and many other progressive benefits.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.