VP of Consumer Offerings at Rachio
About this Opportunity
Rachio is seeking a Vice President of Consumer Offerings to own the strategy, execution, and optimization of revenue growth. You will be focused on identifying ways to rapidly grow Rachio’s consumer business as well as select B2B channels. You will help to solve Rachio’s highest priority and most impactful business problems by leading growth efforts across channels, optimizing our user lifecycle, and ensuring Rachio reaches, acquires, and retains relevant users across multiple segments. In order to enable your success, the sales and marketing team will report to you, and you will provide coaching and professional growth to the team.
In this role you will see the direct impact of your work, ensuring alignment with leadership to inform strategic decisions and increasing visibility of the impact of those decisions amongst stakeholders across the business. You will have a budget and own critical metrics, including Revenue, LTV:CAC, POS, ASP, ROAS, among others. In addition, you will partner closely with key stakeholders across the major functions of the business, including Product, Customer Success, Utility, and Engineering to define and tackle the most important questions facing the business. This is a highly unique opportunity to take on a senior leadership role reporting to the Chief Revenue & Strategy Officer to drive the long term growth of Rachio.
- Define strategy, execute, manage, and efficiently scale Rachio business, largely by acquiring and retaining customers, minimizing churn, and improving LTV and overall economics
- Own growth marketing by developing and scaling channels quickly and efficiently to drive acquisition
- Optimize channel growth as customers are acquired and LTVs become clear
- Partner across the broader organization to drive cross functional initiatives that improve DTC experience (e.g., value add software features, supply chain improvements.)
- Independently monitor and report on KPIs and performance trends to the team and broader business
- Build and/or leverage various overarching models that ensure we’re running a tight business (e.g., LTV and attribution)
- Leverage data from and partner with our Customer Success and Brand lead (that drives strategic analytics for Rachio)
- Manage sales & marketing team as well as relationships with external vendor partners
- Play an active role as a leader within the leadership team
- Be an expert on Rachio brand including strategic landscape, consumer feedback loops, brand and user analytics, and competitive positioning
Requirements and Skills
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in a general manager type role owning the P&L at a high growth startup, DTC subscription services, or ecommerce company
- Obsessive customer focus & track record driving growth in DTC and/or BTC environments with LTV focus
- 360 brand thinker who appreciates and invests in the entire process, from making a physical product to marketing to driving loyalty and engagement
- Proven sales and marketing acumen, ideally with paid acquisition and agency management experience
- Critical and creative thinker; can dive multiple levels deep to solve tough problems
- Intensely data driven; persistent hunger to analyze and improve performance then able to very clearly communicate and convince diverse stakeholders to act
- Advanced knowledge of marketing technologies and techniques
- Drives a test & learn continuous improvement approach to driving growth projects
- A highly organized “doer” with an exceptional ability to multitask, who will take initiative and execute
- Passion for working collaboratively and cross-functionally, ideally with experience working with in house product and engineering teams
- Curious, nearly to a fault; your insatiable desire to get beyond surface level learning & uncover true insight is fueled by asking 2nd, 3rd & 4th order questions
- Unwaveringly objective; you represent the voice of the consumer, especially when learning is counter to initial hypotheses or prior learning
- An effective leader who manages by motivating & inspiring the people around you
- A continual learner; always seeking to improve yourself, the team, and the world around you
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and collaboration skills, at all levels of the organization
- Thrives in working flexibly and efficiently, and both providing and receiving direct, honest, and supportive feedback
- Bachelor’s degree required
Benefits and Perks
- Rachio covers 100% of employee premiums and 60% of dependent premiums for the following insurance plans
- United Health Care PPO 1000 plan
- Aetna Dental 100 Group
- Aetna EyeMed Group Insurance.
- We have a variety of other plans to choose from. However, if you select a plan with a higher premium you would be responsible for covering the difference in cost.
- Unlimited vacation
- 401(k) plan (not matching)
- Dog-friendly office
- Rooftop deck and
- Healthy snacks
- Desirable location near Larimer Square, with easy access to Cherry Creek Trail, Colorado Convention Center light rail station, Union Station, restaurants and more.
Rachio is a mission-based startup striving to make sustainable water use effortless and rewarding. A category leader within the smart home industry, our revolutionary smart sprinkler controllers, wireless flow meter and best-in-class app technology make it easy for homeowners to balance personal goals with efficient, transparent water use. With a passion for innovation, we are continuously innovating to develop products that homeowners love and solve meaningful problems with technology. Together, the Rachio community has saved 35 billion gallons of water - and counting.
Rachio is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.