Technical Marketing Operations Manager at Guild Education
Guild is hiring for a Technical Marketing Operations Manager to help Guild Education scale our marketing technology and communications to serve more students. This is an opportunity to play a critical role in the growth of a fast-paced startup while making a direct impact on students’ lives by helping them achieve their educational goals.
In particular, we’re looking for someone who isn’t afraid to seek out answers to complicated questions. You’ll be responsible for researching and implementing technical marketing solutions — from helping our Marketing Ops team solve email template challenges to integrating new software. Whenever a new technical challenge comes our way, you’ll be eager to jump in and find solutions.
As a Technical Marketing Operations Manager, you will:
- Operationalize sophisticated campaigns in our systems (Marketo, Sendgrid, and Twilio) by using your knowledge of marketing automation.
- Learn new languages like Velocity Scripting or SQL to help us target segments and customize emails.
- Conduct full-funnel analyses to identify inefficient aspects of the funnel, plan opportunities, and implement experiments that drive student growth. You’ll use data analytics and statistics to draw conclusions and justify decisions.
- Implement & monitor conversion event tracking across key platforms.
- Serve as key lead across the organization for the integration of 3rd party web & analytics tools such as google analytics, heap, segment, etc.
- Partner cross-functionally with our Data & Decision Sciences and Product teams to generate data-driven hypotheses and execute experiments across the marketing funnel.
- Join a team committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
In addition to working on the Marketing team, in this role you will collaborate with other Guild leaders including: Danny Randa (Senior Director of Marketing), Kate Rossiter (Senior Manager of Marketing Campaigns), and Sasha Harris (Associate Decision Scientist).
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 3-5 years of experience in technical marketing operations
- Technical and analytical background that will help us move our marketing forward with a process- and data-oriented approach. Experience with marketing automation, CRM, analytics (eg. Google Analytics), testing methodologies.
- Advanced Excel and data analysis skills
- Marketo + Velocity Scripting knowledge is a bonus
- SQL, HTML, CSS knowledge is a bonus
- GDPR experience is a bonus
- Bringing enthusiasm, flexibility, and patience to the role to a fast-paced, fun, and collaborative environment
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion. Fast Company recently named Guild as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies and we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis, Bessemer, Redpoint, Rethink EDU, Harrison Metal, Cowboy Ventures, Salesforce and Workday Ventures.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.