Some roles may be remote (as stated in the Job Title). Remote roles can sit in any of the following 26 states: AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NJ, NY, OR, PA, SC, TN, TX, UT, VA, WA, and WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above. State locations and specifics are subject to change as our hiring requirements shift.
Guild is hiring for a Technical Marketing Operations Manager to help Guild Education scale our marketing technology and communications to serve more students. This is an opportunity to play a critical role in the growth of a fast-paced startup while making a direct impact on students’ lives by helping them achieve their educational goals.
In particular, we’re looking for someone who isn’t afraid to seek out answers to complicated questions. This person will be responsible for researching and implementing technical marketing solutions — from adding personalization to our email templates to integrating new software. Whenever a new technical challenge comes our way, you’ll be eager to jump in and find solutions.
As a Technical Marketing Operations Manager, you will:
- Build sophisticated campaigns in our systems (Marketo, Sendgrid, and Twilio) by using your knowledge of marketing automation, coding, and data management.
- Specialize in personalization. You’ll learn to write Velocity, a scripting language used in Marketo emails and help us increase personalization across all marketing channels.
- Partner cross-functionally with our Data & Decision Sciences and Product teams to improve and operationalize Guild’s program recommendation engine.
- Own the development of new tools and capabilities. Build technical solutions and ensure they fit into our tech stack (Marketo, Sendgrid, Twilio, SFDC, Snowflake). Develop a strong understanding of our data architecture.
- Be an expert on Guild’s ever changing data and data quality to ensure our campaigns are accurate.
- Partner cross-functionally with our Data & Decision Sciences and Product teams to generate data-driven hypotheses and execute experiments across the marketing funnel.
- Join a team committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day.
In addition to working on the Marketing team, in this role you will collaborate with other Guild leaders including: Haley Thomas Liao (Senior Manager, Marketing Operations), Kate Rossiter (Integrated Marketing Director), and Julian Kollmeyer (Senior Decision Scientist).
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 3-5 years of experience in technical marketing operations (experience at a retail company is a bonus)
- Technical and analytical background that will help us move our marketing forward with a process - and data-oriented approach. Experience with building complex marketing automation, advanced CRM user, analytics (eg. Google Analytics), testing methodologies.
- Advanced Excel and data analysis skills
- Marketo Certified Expert + Velocity Scripting knowledge is preferred
- SQL, HTML, CSS, or other scripting language knowledge is a bonus
- GDPR + CCPA experience is a bonus
- Bringing enthusiasm, flexibility, and patience to the role to a fast-paced, fun, and collaborative environment
We feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary range of $95,000-$125,000, as well as company stock options.
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
Guild is a female-led, Certified B Corporation - and with a valuation of $3.8 billion is one of the highest-valued, privately held education companies in the world, and the only one led by a woman. Guild's investors include Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners, chairman and former CEO of American Express, Emerson, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let your recruiter know. We currently offer the following benefits:
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for the future
- 3 weeks of vacation in the first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, to take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth
Guild requires COVID-19 vaccines for all employees and guests attending Guild events or entering Guild offices. We will be using both Clear’s Digital Vaccine Card and state-sponsored vaccine passports to verify proof of vaccine. Accommodations or exceptions can be requested for medical or religious reasons.