Sr. Marketing Manager, Retail and Events
Location: Boulder, CO
PopSockets LLC, based in Boulder, Colorado, designs, manufactures and sells innovative lifestyle products. Our flagship product, the PopSockets grip, was invented by philosophy professor David Barnett, with the first grip sold on PopSockets.com in 2014. Our flagship product is a collapsible grip and stand that provides secure one-handed holding for any mobile device. Customizable, repositionable, and fun to pop, PopSockets products embody the company's mission to create empowering, personal, and magical products.
Responsible for executing and bringing to life the PopSockets brand marketing strategy into our retail channel, events, tradeshows and experiential marketing initiatives. This person will report to the VP, Brand Marketing and will partner closely with our Sales and Marketing teams to ensure a consistent and cohesive brand experience cross channel.
- Develops and executes marketing programs to promote the PopSockets brand, new product launches, and drive sales within new and existing B to B channels.
- Works cooperatively with internal and external stakeholders to identify opportunities and execute plans for brand exposure, in-store POP/POS materials, product awareness, retail associate training and brand development with our key retail partners.
- Assists with marketing planning activities such as development of strategic marketing initiatives, promotional plans and new product/service/channel launch plans.
- Ensures brand communication for areas of responsibility that are consistent with the company and brand positioning which include promoting uniformity and consistency of brand.
- Coordinates creation of all visual, online, event and communication marketing materials for retail, events, trade shows and experiential marketing that support overall brand goals.
- Measures success of integrated marketing campaigns and report findings for each to the leadership team.
- Stays up to date with trends, practices and evolving landscape both in-store and .com for key and new retail accounts.
- Plans and attends trade shows & events for retail and marketing teams.
- Manages and executes with global and account specific POP needs (brief through delivery), creation of seasonal catalogs, management of exclusive product offerings, etc.
- Sales sample management.
- Periodically lead and / or assist with projects outside of retail accounts and events.
- BS or BA in Communication, Marketing or related field
- 5-7 years’ experience working in a consumer goods company or agency with direct management of retail and/or event marketing
- Experience working with major retailers including Target, Walmart and/or Best Buy
- Capacity to prioritize and juggle projects simultaneously in an extremely fast paced working environment with a willingness to learn
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to relate to and work with a variety of stakeholders across teams as well as work effectively independently
- Experience managing outside agencies and vendors and creating/tracking invoices and payments
PopSockets is dedicated to the practice of equal opportunity employment. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants and employees on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, color, creed, ancestry, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classes. Unlawful harassment includes verbal or physical conduct which has the purpose or effect of interfering with an individual’s work performance, or creating an intimidating, hostile, offensive, unsafe or otherwise non-welcoming work environment. This policy applies to all employees, including managers, supervisors, co-workers; and non-employees such as customers, clients, vendors, consultants, etc.