Nylas is a pioneer and leading provider of productivity infrastructure solutions for modern software. Over 80,000 developers worldwide use the Nylas platform to quickly and securely build productivity features into their applications. With Nylas, developers get unprecedented access to rich communications data from their end-users, pre-built workflows that automate everyday tasks, embeddable UI/UX components for fast front-end development, and comprehensive security features - all delivered via a suite of powerful APIs that make integration easy.
Who We Are
Nylas was founded in 2013 and has raised over $175M to date from Tiger Global, 8VC, Spark Capital, Slack, and more; as well as individual investors including Patrick Collison, Co-Founder and CEO of Stripe, John Collison, President and Co-Founder of Stripe, Sebastian Siemiatkowski, CEO of Klarna, and Tony Fadell. Developers around the world use Nylas to quickly and securely build email, scheduling, and work automation features into their applications. Nylas customers include Upwork, Wix, Freshworks, Lever, Dialpad, Ceridian, and Move.com.
Our Work Philosophy
Nylas is also a big believer in the safety and well-being of our employees and society, which is why we are onboarding all new Nylanauts remotely during this global pandemic until there is a vaccine and it is safe for humans to resume their pre-COVID lifestyles.
AND once COVID-19 pandemic eventually comes to an end, we will continue to embrace Remote First philosophy, with a minor twist: Remote First, Office Second. That's right! It's about how you work, not where you work. Nylanauts can choose any workspace or environment that will result in more ideas, engagement, creativity, focus, collaboration, and productivity. It's true. They can go anywhere as long as they respect the working hours (time zones) of their team. Wherever motivates them; inspires them to be better versions of themselves. This means Nylanauts can work from the slopes of Missoula before traveling to the beaches of San Diego. Wonderful!
And if Nylanauts want to work from an office in one of our hubs (San Francisco, Denver, New York City, Toronto, and London), they can. Go ahead! The workspace is there to be utilized.
Why Remote First, Office Second? Because we not only believe in respecting individual working styles, disabilities, and personal schedules, but also ensuring everyone has a better work-life balance. The outcomes will always be more important than the physical location.
So, if you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a beloved, daily-use product, and an authentic mission that puts people first, we want to meet you. Want to know more? Check us out on Comparably and Great Place to Work!
Fastest Growing Companies (Inc 500)
2020 Great Place to Work (Great Place to Work)
2020 Best Places for Professional Development (Comparably)
2020 Happiest Employees (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Compensation (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Perks & Benefits (Comparably)
2020 Best Companies for Work-Life Balance (Comparably)
Nylas is seeking a Social Media and Content Strategy Manager with experience marketing highly technical products, specifically APIs, to technical audiences such as software developers, CTOs, product managers, and more. In this role you will be responsible for growing Nylas’ community and following across various social platforms. You will be actively listening and engaging with real customers to build trust, develop brand voice, and elevate positive user experiences. You’ll craft organic social media content to increase our presence and engagement across owned social media channels. You’ll own and develop our content framework, calendar, and production while working closely and cross functionally with marketing, customer success, and sales to drive awareness and amplify content.
What You'll Do
- Connect with Nylas customers on key social platforms - LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, GitHub, YouTube, and others where relevant
- Support and implement strategies for leveraging new and existing content in meaningful ways across platforms
- Own the means of content production across social media, web, video, and more.
- Participate in healthy discussions and develop authentic relationships with social media influencers, evangelists, and members of the Nylas community
- Work cross-functionally to develop compelling and meaningful content to drive effective key messaging, thought leadership, and product adoption
- Always be in tune with the pulse of our community, raising concerns that arise from our customers across various mediums within the appropriate teams at Nylas
What You'll Bring
- 4-6 years of experience leading social media and content strategies for B2B tech or SaaS companies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with video and multimedia production and content management
- Able to empathize with customers and present meaningful solutions to internal teams
- Can easily adapt to different social channels and new social trends
- Able to move quickly and efficiently through ambiguous situations
- Can proactively identify cultural, real-time news, and consumer trends that offer opportunities to engage with our community in new ways
- Experience with publishing tools like Sprout Social, Sprinklr, etc. is a plus
- Passionate about working and learning in a fast-growing company
- Unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO): we take this very seriously as we care about the well-being of our employees
- Healthcare: 90% of medical, dental and vision coverage for you and your family
- Retirement Plan: 401k & RRSP with a company match (super rare for a startup)
- Holidays: 14 paid annual holidays (New Year’s Day, Family Day, President’s Day, Good Friday, Indigenous People's Day, etc)
- Education Stipend: annual education & development benefit
- Paid Parental Leave: 12 weeks parental leave (maternity & paternity)
- Voting/Election PTO: 4 hours of paid time off to vote in person or volunteer at a polling place
Nylas is registered as an employer in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Nylas is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Visa sponsorship may not be available in certain remote locations.
Nylas is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also EEO is the Law.
Read Full Job Description