SEO Specialist at SumUp
SEO Specialist (Boulder, Colorado)
At SumUp, we create powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions that allow small businesses to accept payments. With merchants in over 31 countries using SumUp to accept payments, we’re building the first-ever global card acceptance brand. Using a founder’s mentality and a “team-first” attitude, our teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that small business owners can be successful doing what they love.
Your impact at SumUp
As a SEO Specialist, you’ll be responsible for growing our US domain through organic search in order to meet our aggressive goals. You’ll own our SEO strategy, technical execution of the strategy, maintaining SEO best practices, data analysis and reporting. On a daily basis you’ll evaluate our domain performance and use data-driven insights to improve our organic presence.
This role sits within our Marketing team. We’re a diverse group working in the fields of Product Marketing, Online Marketing, Brand, CRM, Content, CRO, SEO and Social Media. Together, we devise innovative strategies to grow SumUp’s brand, attract new customers, and keep existing merchants excited about our products. If you’re excited about empowering small business owners around the world, we’d love to hear from you.
- Create an SEO strategy that drives results
- Support marketing activities like content creation across a cross-functional marketing pipeline
- Deliver consistent high-quality content and articles
- Run in-depth competitor analysis
- Build a creative link building strategy to bring SumUp’s domain to the top of organic search
- Develop and run ad hoc reports and analysis to answer business questions when needed
- Analyze data to monitor marketing effectiveness and opportunities across a range of KPIs
- Show a strong focus on ROI tracking and monitoring, constantly identifying ROI opportunities
- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Marketing, Finance, Economics, Engineering or a related field required
- Highly proficient in Google Analytics, Search Console, and Tag Manager
- Min. 2-3 years of SEO experience with a focus on generating ROI driven results
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to generate, analyze and interpret data to make data-driven decisions and share meaningful metrics
- Quick learner in a complex and technically-minded environment
- Execution focused and goal oriented, with excellent project management and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and quickly execute high-quality work
- Proactive, with the ability to function well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with competing priorities
- Self-motivated, energetic and agile with the ability to work both independently and cross-functionally
- Familiarity with marketing automation, CRMs, and personalization platforms a plus
- Previous experience with Tableau and SQL a plus
- Agency experience is a plus
Why you should join SumUp
- Be part of a welcoming community of more than 2,000 people from over 52 nationalities
- Startup environment and small, cross-functional teams
- 50% employer-paid Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance and company-paid life insurance
- FSA & 401K Retirement Plan (up to 3.5% employer matching when you elect to contribute up to 6%)
- Paid vacation and holidays immediately available upon hire
- Ongoing access to professional development tools, job training, and industry conferences
- Free on-site refreshments, snacks (fruits, cereals, nuts, etc.), and team meals
- Fun company outings, team events, birthday lunches, yoga, happy hours, hikes, etc.
SumUp encourages you to apply even if you don’t meet all requirements for the position. SumUp believes in supporting candidates and employees throughout their career journey so we encourage you to apply. SumUp is committed to a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace.
SumUp is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this position in Boulder, CO is $55,000 to $70,000. Compensation will be finalized by candidate’s relevant work experience, skills, certifications and geographic location.
We believe in the everyday hero.
Small business owners are at the heart of all we do, so we create powerful, easy-to-use financial solutions to help them run their businesses. With a founder’s mentality and a 'team-first’ attitude, our diverse teams across Europe, South America and the United States work together to ensure that the small business owners we partner with can be successful doing what they love.
SumUp is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that proudly pursues and hires a diverse workforce. SumUp does not make hiring or employment decisions on the basis of race, colour, religion or religious belief, ethnic or national origin, nationality, sex, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age or any other basis protected by applicable laws or prohibited by company policy. SumUp also strives for a healthy and safe workplace and strictly prohibits harassment of any kind.
SumUp will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate.