Partnerships PR Manager at Guild Education
Guild is hiring for a Partnerships PR Manager to join the public relations team tasked with managing partner PR strategy and execution. In this role, you’ll help create and maintain a favorable public image of current and future partners (both Fortune 1000 companies and academic institutions) by communicating the value of their education benefits program through external communication channels. You’ll work internally across teams in Client Services, Partner Marketing and Comms, as well as externally with companies like Disney, Chipotle, and Lowe’s to strategically enhance their brand through their benefit offering with Guild and secure positive media coverage.
As a Partnerships PR Manager, you will work across a concentrated set of clients to:
- Build and manage ongoing relationships with employer and academic partner communications teams
- Contribute to brand alignment and thought leadership encompassing our partners and executive team
- Develop and collaborate with partners on media strategy, draft press releases/blog posts, draft messaging, compile media lists, build relationships with journalists, and pitch and secure media coverage
- Support new partner launches and program expansion announcements
- Build a partner strategy for speaking engagements and awards
- Work with the content marketing team to source and develop student stories for local and national media; help publicize a regular cadence of inspiring student stories
- Collaborate cross-functionally with Employer and Academic Partnerships, Partner Marketing, Marketplace Delivery, Guild Senior Leaders and others across the organization
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 4-6 years of external communications/PR experience
- Client-facing and/or agency experience, particularly with Fortune 1000 companies
- Excellent written skills
- Passion for storytelling (bonus if you’re familiar with the education tech/future of work landscape)
- Strong media chops
- Experience building and executing successful PR strategies
- A creative mindset to always bring new ideas to the table and be flexible in a fast-paced environment
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We also recently became the latest female-led company to hit a $1billion valuation and the only B-corp with those qualifications. Our Series D round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.