Part-Time Denver Market Fellow, Regional Advancement - DU Advancement
The University of Denver is building an advancement enterprise that mirrors the excellence of our great institution. Advancement efforts at DU have a tremendous impact through our relationships with DU’s remarkable students, dedicated donors, inspiring alumni, engaged families, and wonderful friends. DU is committed to building and fostering a culture of deep engagement and philanthropy in support of our institution as we implement the DU IMPACT 2025 vision. As a part of that effort, we are continuing to grow a team of collaborative, curious, results-oriented, and mission-driven advancement professionals who value inclusivity and who possess a deep respect for one another and for our shared profession.
In order for the University of Denver to achieve an ambitious DU IMPACT 2025 vision, it is imperative that we strategically engage and involve the global Pioneer family in the effort of supporting and advancing the University. With over 50,000 constituents in the Denver Metro area, success will partially be dependent upon our ability to build and sustain a cultivation strategy here in our own backyard. The University of Denver seeks to strengthen its global network of Pioneer supporters and ambassadors by establishing a sustainable advancement presence in key regional markets across the United States and here in Denver.
Regional teams are based in the geographic areas they serve and will include a director of development, a market activator, and a part-time market fellow. The Denver regional team includes a Director of Alumni Engagement and a Market Fellow. The regional team will collaborate closely and frequently with the Denver-based DU Advancement team as well as other colleagues across campus.
The Market Fellowship will begin in Fall 2018. Market Fellows will be housed with other Regional Team members in a shared office in his/her region. Market Fellows will be brand ambassadors for DU, engaging alumni, parents, and donors in the region. They will inform the work of the Market Activator and Director of Development. Additionally, the incumbent will develop formal and informal networks of alumni leaders within different industries, neighborhoods, and affinity communities. The team’s goal is to create a culture of lifelong engagement and philanthropy among constituents in the region.
The regional advancement team will achieve its goals by working in a highly collaborative fashion with their colleagues in academic units and with the entire DU Advancement team.
This is a non-benefited position not to exceed 1,000 hours in a calendar year.
- Represent the University of Denver in regional market with a focus on growing regional engagement and philanthropic involvement of the alumni, parent and friend community.
- Work autonomously in order to establish contact with alumni and set up one-on-one meetings throughout the region. Engage in strategic conversations with the Pioneer community, engaging them with the University and with other members of the DU family.
- Orchestrate grassroots community-building initiatives that engages hundreds of previously uninvolved alumni as volunteers, corporate partners, and/or donors.
- Help build professional clubs and networks, and inspire alumni and friends to invest their time, talents and resources into the campus.
- Work closely with key alumni and parent volunteers, creating volunteer opportunities and networking events for the Pioneer family.
- Help develop and pilot new events and initiatives in the region to more effectively engage the entire DU community
- Identify and engage alumni and parent champions at companies throughout the region to facilitate corporate sponsorship/hosting of events, and deepen recruiting relationships with campus.
- Manage social media platforms.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Establish and maintain collaborative partnerships with regional and campus-based colleagues; strengthen ties across multiple departments.
- Serve as an active and collaborative partner to all central and unit-based advancement functions and other DU colleagues to foster strategic, effective, and collaborative advancement practices.
- Model “One DU” leadership.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including verbal, written and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, including the ability to work collaboratively with remote colleagues.
- Exceptionally high level of customer service skills.
- Strong sense of professional curiosity.
- Adept at using judgment and discretion in situations that require sensitivity and tact.
- Ability to develop and hone a deep understanding of the University of Denver, and to foster that understanding in a remote capacity.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- 1 year of administrative and/or office experience to include internships, resident assistant, and/or student leadership experience.
- Previous experience connecting diverse entities and understanding the needs of multiple constituencies.
- Familiarity with the University of Denver.
- Experience in student leadership role.
- Part-time, 20 hours per week, flexible scheduling
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) October 17, 2018
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
NOTE: The online system is limited to uploading 10 files. Please combine content if necessary to get all content uploaded.
The University of Denver is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law are not taken into account in any employment decision.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.